When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Travel has been a passion with me. I have covered quite a few places. If not for my accident way back in 2006 I would have fulfilled my dream of spending a few days in Alaska. I have no confidence to do it now and so I satisfy myself by looking at pictures that have been posted on the Net by other tourists.

Alaska is a place where the sea and mountains live in tandem. And that is what I wanted to see and experience.

How has been your travel experience. Have you been to Alaska? Please post pictures, if you have.

alaska1.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...ys-2012-From-Alaska-Africa-trip-lifetime.html

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We've done a lot of travelling, especially since I retired 15 years ago. We love going to see the beautiful landscapes (including gardens) and the culture and history of places. We're not really beach holiday people.

We've been to a lot of the U.S., almost all the countries of S. America all of Central America, a lot of Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey and, of course, a lot of Europe.

Although we've been to Alaska it was before digital cameras, so no photos.

We have thousands of photos of other countries. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
@Bootsy. Same here. My camera has let me down many a time and so have lost many memories.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
@grouie Between photos of our garden and our holidays we have about 70,000 photos on the computer - and backed up in three other places. (y)

Passion for photography, travel, pets and gardening is a perfect combination for storing 70,000 pictures and more :LOL:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also have photos on older computers that I need to backup before I dump the computer. I hope to start my traveling this year by visiting some close by states.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I have a piece of software on my computer that backs up my data every day to a second internal hard drive and an external hard drive. I don't have to do anything with it. It does tend to slow the computer down a bit whilst it's doing it.

Reaction score
Never to Alaska, but I lived in a place that is quit similar: Norway. I was in the south of the country, so I really didn't see things like a lot ice and huge fjords or the aurora borealis, but if you head north you can see those things. I've never been daring enough, but one day I might :) Finland would be a good place to visit too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Never to Alaska, but I lived in a place that is quit similar: Norway. I was in the south of the country, so I really didn't see things like a lot ice and huge fjords or the aurora borealis, but if you head north you can see those things. I've never been daring enough, but one day I might :) Finland would be a good place to visit too.

Although I was planning on a Scandinavian holiday it did not materialise. You must be having that 'land of the midnight sun experience. Is it Norway or Sweden?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Was planning on going to Iceland, but having 3 children got in the way of that plan :love:

Spent a while working in Turkey on a Roman city :)

This is my crew and me :)

Reaction score
Although I was planning on a Scandinavian holiday it did not materialise. You must be having that 'land of the midnight sun experience. Is it Norway or Sweden?

Norway. I personally like Norway over Sweden, both are beautiful, but if you want a more peaceful calm life, then pick Norway. It's more expensive to live in Norway, but in my opinion is worth it. I know people who work in Norway (near the border) and live in Sweden because it's way cheaper and you can also find more food items there ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I plan to visit Alaska in the next few years and do some fishing and exploring. Visiting Alaska is a big passion of mine and I would not mind actually homesteading there, if I were more experienced and educated in homesteading.

I have visited all but 30 states here in the US and it is on my bucket list to see them all before I die. I will also be making a trip to the UK on vacation in the next couple of years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I plan to visit Alaska in the next few years and do some fishing and exploring. Visiting Alaska is a big passion of mine and I would not mind actually homesteading there, if I were more experienced and educated in homesteading.

I have visited all but 30 states here in the US and it is on my bucket list to see them all before I die. I will also be making a trip to the UK on vacation in the next couple of years.

You do have pretty interesting things in your 'bucket list'.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've visited about 25 of the states and my favourite, so far, is Colorado. Whoops, and Hawaii. :)

I have yet to go to Hawaii, but I too am a major fan of Colorado. That state is beautiful. Montana is also a great state to visit if you are on a budget and want to spend some time in the great outdoors.

Ask a Question