When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@tbendl , it was vodka with rosemary simple syrup and pepper and just a dark short straw. really good. the rosemary not too pronounced. the whole pepper corns was, interesting, it slowed down the drinking of it. Not sure if I liked it or not, kept spitting them back, and can sip only. did taste good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
18 days to go to Scotland. So here is my schedule. Edinburgh--land August 11 in the morning, (hope I slept on plane) go to my hotel, forgot the name of the first one but it is on Corstorphine Road (recall is a lower number, like 18, or 15) then move to the tour guide hotel on the 12th its the Holiday Inn, same road just down further I gather from the number, too far to walk, so taxie it, staying there 2 nights. Then off to Inverness, for one night, then to Thurso, for two nights (that will be Aug. 15 and 16. Then to Broadford, for one night, then Ballachulish for one night (August 18) then to Glasgow for last night August 19 (holiday Inn again) Flying out, I believe like 2PM on the 20th.
This is with a tour group, so they have things planned that we are to see. But their seems to be offered only 14 meals, so I can explore that area also, which is good. Hope I can sleep on all these one night stops.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh wow, I hope you have a lovely time Esther and take lots of pictures to share with us in the States. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
And watch out for Haggis
1yikestkt.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Got back late Sunday. Monday dragging all day. Time change, 10 hour flight etc. Today Tuesday feel better, went to bed at 7PM got up at 5AM. Good thing I planned two days off work. Have 900 pix . of the traveling around the coastline. Such magnificent beauty. The Highlands, Skye, Ring of Brodgar (and I kissed one, hugged one, patted one---but still here). Maybe it should have been during the eclipse. Oh, well missed that just by a day. Love the people of Scotland, so precious, and gracious. I did well with the buses in Edinburgh, had the hotel pile pound 1.60 for me, so I'd have a group in each jean pocket, and off I went. Glasgow reminds me a lot of Philly, the same industry around, and buildings. Did not stay there long, only one day. Did get to the Royal Botanical gardens--beautiful, have nice shots from there. And we stayed at some beautiful hotels along the way. Funny part---I tried to keep with trying local beer and also whisky. But sometime a women needs a martini. Their local gin was nice, and they had vermouth, but no olives. to bartenders when you cross the line and ask for olives, it now becomes a cocktail. Next trip I'll bring my own olives. Bought few things to bring back, not one for shallow trinkets. A Scotland cap for husband and a hat for myself from the company that makes the hats for Downton Abbey. Saw some herding trails. Saw the Military Tattoo---what a wonderful display. Yes, did eat Haggis, and like it. Got some fish and chips. tried the blood pudding--too salty. had a full Scottish breakfast each morning. Ok. that's it.

will be uploading here from time to time my trip.

Ask a Question