United Kingdom
No worries :)

Yep, it was only for flavouring :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Becky and Zigs, thank you!:) I still feel very sick, so I'll definitely try to make onion soup today. It doesn't sound very complicated.
Do you think I can skip the stock cube? I'm a vegetarian on a gluten free diet, so it's really hard to find stock cubes I can consume;)

I am on a gluten free diet too! I use Marigold Bouillon powder - it is gluten free and comes in a vegan form too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Becky and Zigs, thank you!:) I still feel very sick, so I'll definitely try to make onion soup today. It doesn't sound very complicated.
Do you think I can skip the stock cube? I'm a vegetarian on a gluten free diet, so it's really hard to find stock cubes I can consume;)

You can use veggie stock in place of stock cube, I do lots of gluten and lactose free cooking and baking, there so much you can do now when you have intolerance to foods, I have to use low fat lactose free milk and find it still works in baking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Becky - do you miss eating gluten? I do!:cry: So, so much. Unfortunately, I have Celiac disease, so I'll never be able to eat real bread and cookies:(
I'm not sure if Marigold Bouillon is available here, but I'll look for it:) Thank you for the tip!
Fernsdaddy - is veggie stock the same thing as water from cooked vegetables? I know this is a silly question, but I'm still in the process of learning how to cook;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Becky - do you miss eating gluten? I do!:cry: So, so much. Unfortunately, I have Celiac disease, so I'll never be able to eat real bread and cookies:(
I'm not sure if Marigold Bouillon is available here, but I'll look for it:) Thank you for the tip!
Fernsdaddy - is veggie stock the same thing as water from cooked vegetables? I know this is a silly question, but I'm still in the process of learning how to cook;)

Its not a silly question, I had to learn from my mistakes and now that I've learn how to make my own stock I can make lots of my own soups. I take what ever I have for veggies and toss them in a pot of cold water and bring it to a slow slimmer and let the veggies cook until soft, I remover the veggies and set aside the water, I put the cooked veggies in the blender and puree them, add them to the veggie water a little at a time until you have added about half of the puree put in a tight container and refrigerator, take the rest of the puree and add a little water and heat up for a bowl soup. I don't use any salt in my stock because I don't like the taste of it, you can salt it if you want. I hope this helps you.
I have a question can you eat rice flour if so I have cookie/ pie crust recipe's that are gluten / lactose free made from rice flour.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a look at the ingredients of my packet of Kucharek stock, but that's got gluten in it :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

I do miss decent bread and pastries - Ian was eating croissants this morning and they smelled divine! There are plenty of other delicious things out there though - I made some gluten free vegan PBJ muffins on Friday and they were gorgeous! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Fernsdaddy - thank you so much for this guide! It's very helpful:) And yes, I can eat rice flour:D
Becky - Just thinking about croissants makes me hungry! Could you please share the recipe for those muffins? I made over 100 gluten free muffins so far and none of them were edible:cry:
Muffins are the perfect fall food:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Becky - Just thinking about croissants makes me hungry! Could you please share the recipe for those muffins? I made over 100 gluten free muffins so far and none of them were edible:cry:
Muffins are the perfect fall food:love:

With pleasure! PBJ muffins :D

Reaction score
It's fall here already and i couldn't be happy :) I still have to see leaves turn yellow, but when we stop experiencing that scorching heat we experience during the summer I know it's fall already :D

Ask a Question