Basil falls out of soil when watered

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Hello, so I'm having this problem with my basil plants where if I water them some of them would literally get out of the soil, I think it's because of my watering technique, is there anything I could do to stop this from happening?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, so I'm having this problem with my basil plants where if I water them some of them would literally get out of the soil, I think it's because of my watering technique, is there anything I could do to stop this from happening?
Thank you.
Do you mean that the soil is washing away from the plants when you water? If so then don't use such a strong stream of water and if in a container water from the bottom up.

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Do you mean that the soil is washing away from the plants when you water? If so then don't use such a strong stream of water and if in a container water from the bottom up.
Yes, the water is washing away the plants since they're not well rooted yet, not sure how I can water from the bottom up tho, the pot does seem deep and I'm worried that the water might not get to the plants, also I water my plants everyday so if I do this method I dunno if I should dunk my pot in a tub of water everyday, maybe I should tweak the watering time? Anyways, thank for the help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, the water is washing away the plants since they're not well rooted yet, not sure how I can water from the bottom up tho, the pot does seem deep and I'm worried that the water might not get to the plants, also I water my plants everyday so if I do this method I dunno if I should dunk my pot in a tub of water everyday, maybe I should tweak the watering time? Anyways, thank for the help
Watering everyday is NOT the correct way to water. Even where you live that is way way to often. When you water, water slowly and deeply. If you just water a little the soil does not get watered except on the top and therefore your plants roots do not grow down, only sideways and that is why you wash the soil away from the roots. Remember, slowly and deeply. If you do this you will not have to water everyday.

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Ok, I'll try to do it slowly until I see water come from the drainage holes, thanks for the help

Ask a Question