What's Looking Good in May 2017

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Been buzzing around so much I fell behind on this thread got a bit dizzy when I stopped and started looking here :) so many great pics this month...love the sun set shot Beverly & your garden pics Bootsy(y) & good reminder about the Greater Celandine Zigs I think its a cool wild flower Just no good to eat:eek:
P1030849.JPG
I gave this Acer a crown lifting last year as the owner had never had the nerve to do so. I have been really pleased with how it turned out. You could not see the stem as it was right down to growned level & was blocking the grass path
P1030856.JPG
you can see it again in this shot from above
P1030861.JPG
I have to work here every week But not complaining I love it:)
P1030862.JPG
P1030866.JPG
& not to forget my own garden .....
P1030876.JPG
got some colour in them old baskets now:)& through plenty of seed in to the boat and things are now poping up nicely(y)
P1030880.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No that's not a squirrel MaryMary that's a cat! :LOL: Sorry, just teasing. The peonies look lovely. :)
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Squirrel was an indoor cat for two years, until the neighbors moved and decided she was disposable. :mad: She sat on their porch crying, waiting for them to let her in. We carried her over to our yard for three days, feeding her out by the garage, trying to teach her that this was home, now.

Once she figured out this was home, our herd of wild heathens :rolleyes: was more than she could bear at first - she decided to live in our tree!! Now she runs and romps with the best of them. :) (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary do you know how many cats you have now?:)

@Dinu yes Crossandra is easily replaced, but that one was a beautiful color. I am liking them now because they are both host and nectar plants and are doing really well in the sun. The Agastache, not so much. I envy you your rain. This year the entire climate here has moved up one month. We are having in May what we used to have in April, so maybe it won't rain until July.:cautious:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just got back from a 3 week trip. Wife managed to kill the house plants, but I have these blooming outside! Bit sure what the purple is (still learning, previous owner had that here already). The lilies look great though. I like having them kind of randomly in there rather than neat little rows that most seem to like. If I have some space, I'll plop something down and not worry about the arrangement.
20170516_144309.jpg
20170516_144320.jpg
20170516_144433.jpg
took a good while bit I finally am starting to see some caladium come up. I have 4 of these around the yard, still a little dissapointed since I planted a TON. Hopefully these will fill out though.
20170516_144458.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great photos @vette-kid! (y) Sorry to hear about your houseplants but I hope you had a good trip.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Great photos @vette-kid! (y) Sorry to hear about your houseplants but I hope you had a good trip.

No, I did not. I was sent to investigate an aircraft crash in which three brave men lost their lives, one a friend who I had helped train. It was not fun.

On a lighter note, the house plants are no big deal. They were all all pretty small anyway.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No, I did not. I was sent to investigate an aircraft crash in which three brave men lost their lives, one a friend who I had helped train. It was not fun.

Oh God, i'm so sorry to hear that our kid :eek:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A first-time bloomer in my native garden, Yellow Star Grass. This is the only one I have so I'll be collecting the seeds this year in hopes of growing more. It's a very small plant that would probably go well with Blue-eyed Grass.
IMG_2327 copy.jpg

Wild Columbine started blooming today as well. This is a good one for hummingbirds.
IMG_2284 copy.jpg

Wild Strawberry continues to bloom and small native bees are enjoying its nectar.
IMG_2297 copy.jpg

and Wild Geranium also continues to bloom.
IMG_2291 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that! Can't have been nice. My dad used to work for EASA as the Certification Manager for general aviation, but thankfully he never had to investigate crash sites. Must be awful :(

Ask a Question