JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's part of the native garden. It's really gotten that natural look I've been hoping for.

IMG_1931 copy2.jpg

There's all kinds of native plants in there, some which will start blooming later in the month. Wild Strawberry is already blooming. Much of the green you see above is Wild Strawberry. It's a great ground cover that I added because of that fact, as well as it being an early nectar source for insects. The fact that they produce berries is just a bonus.
IMG_1930 copy.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Larisa, it is not a pharmaceutical field. This stuff grows everywhere this time of year!! And it grows fast, too. :eek: I went to the one in my yard to get a few pictures for you and @JBtheExplorer.

This is the leaves, and how they grow.

0504171559.jpg 0504171600.jpg

I "thumbnailed" them because taken individually, they are not very pretty.
A whole field is impressive, though! (y)

For more "pretties," my white violets are blooming again!! :love:

0504171604.jpg

Edited to add - I googled both of your suggestions, and the leaves don't look the same for these. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The common name for Senecio j. in English is Ragwort. Does that ring a bell? When i looked at the first photo it looked like golden rod to me, but then i saw that the flowers are daisy-like. That field and your photo of it is just stunning and don't need further explanation, i mean WOW what a sight! Although, given the members we have here, most likely someone will come up with an iD...that field speaks for itself and doesn't need a name, like your creek doesn't need a name.

I see that Packera was formerly in the Senecio family but the name was changed because the genetic structure didn't match. Packera has 64 species and my bet is that it is one of those 64. They are in the same Family though.:)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The flowers are just beginning to open on our Clematis Montana
P1330299.JPG

The tree peony has almost finished now. It's a few weeks early because of the drought we've had and the warmer weather earlier in the year.
P1330276.JPG

Viburnum plicatum is coming along well but has a lot more flower to burst into life
P1330271.JPG

Laburnums are also starting to flower
P1330272.JPG

Allium giganteum is just starting to open with a very young Choisya ternata 'Sundance' in the back ground doing its best to show off to the bamboo behind it.
P1330278.JPG

The giant Euphorbia mellifera is just starting to bloom after having been cut back earlier this year
P1330279.JPG

P1330268.JPG

P1330275.JPG

P1330282.JPG

Ask a Question