What's Looking Good in May

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Please add your own pictures of anything nice :)
DSCN1257.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I got nuttin , magnolias gone ny and dogwood didn't flower this year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to upload pics here, but here's the link to my garden journal entry for May. Lots of pics!

That entry was done really more at the end of April. I now have strawberries (a few), flowers on all my tomato plants, broccoli, and some serious growth in my potatoes.

I thought I had killed my spinach with the heat, but it has come back. We shall see how long it lasts. I'm also eager to see what happens with the broccoli. I've never grown it before and one plant already tried to flower. Ugh. I cut it back and am hoping it recovers without a lot of affect on the flavor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's one of the most beautiful lilac bushes I've ever seen!:love: There are a few of them here too, I'll try to take a picture of them tomorrow.
I live on the Lilac Bush Street near the Lilac Bush Square. As you can guess, many people here want to grow lilacs:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
10 days off winter here so not much blooming. Green is good. I have tided up my rubbish bin area and very pleased with it!!!! Not really photo material though. As always I am on this forum in the wee hours of the morning with my insomnia so too dark to go looking for a nice shot. There is a pretty clematis in a planter though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'll have to start taking some photos - should have snapped one of the bee balm where I was working this morning. Maybe if there's enough light out after the rain clears up I can look around for something pretty worth posting. Don't think I had a flower today on the passion vine, but the rose of Sharon opened and I have a rose coming in on the new bush.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is a huge freaking lilac bush.

I haven't taken many garden photos this year yet; mind you we're just barely starting our growing season. Freeze/frost predicted for Tuesday night-Wednesday morning so I'm holding off on planting veggies (except for my asparagus, which is perennial, just in its second year and currently the tallest ferns are 3' tall and branching out all over the place.)

Two weekends ago I dug an 8x4' pond; the deepest part is maybe 30 inches. It still needs LOTS of work! And lots more plants. And rocks. Lots more rocks. :D
pond in progress.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
May is the month here in most part of India for the may flower tree to show off. The botanical name is Royal Poinciana. Thee trees dot the landscape on highways and is a riot of colour both red and orange. This tree brings in happy news for kids as the schools close to open only in June.

800px-Royal_Poinciana.jpg

Image credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_Poinciana.jpg

The other flowering tree is Peltophorum which can be seen on highways and byways as well. I have a tree growing just outside my compound

DSC04470.JPG

The roads get strewn with petals and that again is a sight for sore eyes.

Ask a Question