What's Looking Good in May

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Had to add the poppies in the parking strip. Childhood memories attached to them. Even have one poppy plant flowering white...never had that happen before.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are a few others currently flowering in the front yard
image.jpg

image.jpg

Then there are the Chinese ground orchids, tough and delicate all at once planted next to the little pond.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
How absolutely beautiful Jewell. That first Columbine is spectacular, so pretty. Thanks from the photos. So lovely to see.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
  • image.jpg
    It's 29th May and I was hoping to get in in time for the What's Looking Good in May. It's now 2 days till winter so this is my Eupatorium, not sure of the spelling. It's not meant to flower until Spring so it's a nice surprise. Nothing much will happen now so I have to make the most of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Today is the last day of May. This is not the time for cherries but I see them already, along with the dry leaves - a strange combination. The fruits drop off - thanks to the nimble feet of squirrels and birds.

002.JPG

015.JPG

Its time for the Ixora. I have them all over the place

003.JPG

And the tiger claws have arrived before their time!!!

011.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Some of our weigelias are flowering now. They vary in leaf colour, some have green leaves and others have a range of variegation in light green and gold, and in flower colour. The very pale pink varieties have not quite flowered yet.

P1230454.JPG

P1230393.JPG

P1230504.JPG

P1230501.JPG

P1230508.JPG

Some of our plants have been there a long time and grown to 7ft high and 5ft wide but can be kept pruned to the size you want.

This is a young plant

P1230550.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You mesmerise me.

There are so many places where you can be noticed like the National Geo. Have you tried it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
You mesmerise me.

There are so many places where you can be noticed like the National Geo. Have you tried it?

That's very kind of you but we're happy with the attention we get locally and throughout this country. We had 450 people visit our garden over the weekend for our charity event and we have raised over £4,000 from it.

The enjoyment is in being able to make an attractive garden that is not too formal and is good for the wildlife. The bees, butterflies and birds seem to love it. We have won an award from one of the local county government departments (not our authority) for being a 'Wildlife Friendly Garden'.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Clematis are starting to flower. There are a lot of varieties that produce large, spectacular. flowers in individual florettes.

P1230659.JPG

P1230469.JPG

P1230470.JPG

P1230471.JPG

Then there are the ones that grow large, and very fast, with a mass of flowers.

We have two different plants here. Everything you see in this photo is just one plant.
P1230530.JPG

And, just starting to flower, is the second plant with darker flowers

P1230664.JPG

The flowers of the lighter one have a very strong vanilla scent.

P1230533.JPG

Ask a Question