What's Looking Good in May 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary glad to see your cat in a sombrero, probably knocking down Cinco de Mayo margaritas. I was thinking it was about time for him to take off those bunny ears. Who does he think he was fooling with those ears?:D Actually Cinco de Mayo is viewed as an embarrassment to Mexicanos who know their history so it isn't celebrated much here. Still people use it as an excuse to party and take a 3 day weekend at the beach :LOL:

@Bootsy what a beautiful photographic display of riches.

The sunsets have been pretty lately
P1020658.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Cor, that looks like the apocalypse :):):)
:LOL:well, it sort of does, doesn't it? I didn't think of it at the time, but i took the photo because it was a very unusual sky although it didn't feel threatening, especially in the hammock, with the soft light and breezes rustling the palms. Twilight can be divine but it doesn't last very long at the 19th latitude.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh dear, i had no idea that people would see the photo in that way it was such a beautiful evening. i would delete it if i could...maybe @zigs can do it?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary glad to see your cat in a sombrero, probably knocking down Cinco de Mayo margaritas. I was thinking it was about time for him to take off those bunny ears. Who does he think he was fooling with those ears?:D Actually Cinco de Mayo is viewed as an embarrassment to Mexicanos who know their history so it isn't celebrated much here. Still people use it as an excuse to party and take a 3 day weekend at the beach :LOL:

I like the ears, it reminds me of the Cadbury commercial.
"Bawk-bawk-Meow, Bawk-bawk-Meow!" :ROFLMAO:

Dang it, Beverly, you're trying to make me go and read Mexican history, aren't you?
upload_2017-5-6_0-15-37.gif
upload_2017-5-6_0-22-32.gif

Nope! I want margaritas and a 3 day weekend at the beach!! ;)

Oh dear, i had no idea that people would see the photo in that way it was such a beautiful evening. i would delete it if i could...maybe @zigs can do it?

It's a beautiful sunset!! :love: :love: Don't take it down!! We know it's not the apocalypse, even if it does look like half the sky is full of smoke, and the other full of fire. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

It's still beautiful. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Clitoria ternatea - double purple. New growth following pre-monsoon rains, fresh blooms!! So nice!

P1050612.JPG

Crepe Myrtle also blooms.

P1050614.JPG

Almond tree has formed a nice canopy. My lawn - Bermuda grass gets greener. Rains can do wonders. Notice a large mushroom which is there since 10-12 days... near the edge of the pavement [bottom of the pic].

P1050615.JPG

Jasmines are in bloom too.

P1050617.JPG

These are the two plants. Plants have blooms but not in clear view in this - getting mixed up. You will not miss the rain barrels!!

P1050618.JPG

Morning glory volunteers - Pink Stars.

P1050620.JPG

Same Jasmine plants taken from the passage.

P1050621.JPG

Pre-monsoon showers brings up so many new things while also cooling the hot air.
This is the flower stalk of Fiddlewood tree which also blooms now making the bees to feast!

P1050624.JPG

Photo showing buds of Crepe Myrtle.

P1510124.JPG

I forget the name of this shrub usually.

P1510130.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b

@Beverly Mary has said it better than I can. It's a beautiful picture (y). We were admiring it whilst drawing impressions and injecting some humour into it. :)

We're able to see such a wonderful sight because you have posted it but you were actually in it. Wonderful!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I like the ears, it reminds me of the Cadbury commercial.
"Bawk-bawk-Meow, Bawk-bawk-Meow!" :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the commercial MM, cable TV does offer some US and UK and German and Chinese programs, but all the commercials are Latino. By your description i figured it had something to do with a chicken and a cat:LOL: It is a funny commercial :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
it really took me by surprise, like a gobsmack or a brick upside the head. The song is funny and i do believe i've heard it before a long time ago.:)

Sorry, @Beverly I keep forgetting that our sense of humour our side of the pond is different. Those are the sort of things that we do all the time. ;) We tend to deliberately take an obtuse look at things :whistle:

The song was a big hit in the late 1950's. I've still got the LP, with that song on it, that I bought in 1959. Tom Lehrer was a professor of Mathematics at Harvard and taught political science at MIT. I've been a fan of his for 64 years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Bootsy no need to apologize or explain a sense of humor unless it is mean spirited, which of course it is not. In the UK i have experienced subtle, dry, wit as well as over the top slap stick. Having lived in different cultures, i gauge my success by whether i can make someone in another culture laugh, especially if i am using a language other than the one i was born with. I was not and am not in the least offended. My thinking was simply at the opposite end of the universe. My intention was to share a not very good photo of an unusual twilight and if the photo causes people to think of the Apocalypse, then i have failed in my intention. That's all. For me, "sense of humor" has nothing to do with it. I made a mistake and i don't like to make mistakes but i do understand their importance. So no worries, everything is copacetic.
agree.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I see that you're another person that loves language
Yes i do and i love to play with it:). I love etymology, just can't get enough. In the Latin languages i am mystified by how each word has to be masculine or feminine and how all the descriptor words have to be masculine or feminine to match the noun. What a pain. I imagine some monk in the 12th century (or probably earlier) burning his candle all night trying to figure out if the word for "ant" should be masculine or feminine. Really, no wonder we are not more advanced as a human species.:LOL:

Ask a Question