What's looking good in June 2016

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I am a human being. For most of my life i have lived in the water, on the water, near the water. So, i am a human creature who has lived a good portion of her life in, on, or near the water and have also have enjoyed hiking in the mountains and living on land (in both cities and wilderness) for a good portion of my life. I don't find anything particularly odd about that.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Owcho yesterday...

DSCI0694.JPG
DSCI0695.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I am a human being. For most of my life i have lived in the water, on the water, near the water. So, i am a human creature who has lived a good portion of her life in, on, or near the water and have also have enjoyed hiking in the mountains and living on land (in both cities and wilderness) for a good portion of my life. I don't find anything particularly odd about that.
So you're a normal person with an affinity for water?
Sorry I got you wrong, but your post was couched in the language, and conjured a vision, of a kaftan-and-sandal wearing, hairy-armpitted/moustachioed, new-age, astrology-believing, tree-hugging, Earth-mother.
I also have that affinity for water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some of your pictures are breath taking. What is looking good? My thornless blackberry bush, that's what. Even though it has a short fruiting season, I have received 300 berries from it this spring/summer. I am so proud of it and thankful that it provides for me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
sunplants-ray-l.jpg

Coreopsis are native American prairie and woodland plants. Their ruggedness and profuse blooms have made them popular with plant breeders and there are over 100 different species available, although not all are perennial plants. Low maintenance, drought tolerant and long blooming, Coreopsis are work horses in a sunny flower border.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Four of my favorite native plants are blooming today.

Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
IMG_9562 copy.jpg

Blanket Flower (Gaillardia x grandiflora)
IMG_9564 copy.jpg

Blue-eyed Grass (Sisyrinchium angustifolium)
IMG_9566 copy.jpg

Orange Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)
IMG_9557 copy.jpg

and soon, Purple Coneflower will be blooming for the first time in my gardens!
IMG_9559 copy.jpg

Ask a Question