What's looking good in June 2016

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Echium pininana by the looks of it, Tree Echium.

Not many bees around so far this year, saw one in my greenhouse earlier.

2 Flowers :)

DSCI0606.JPG

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
You might try it on just a little bit of hair @NatalieW as an experiment. My understanding is that the color comes from the root of the plant, is that correct? I wonder if it would be a permanent or temporary dye?

yes, from the root ... I would imagine temporary, but possibly long lasting. ... It would be interesting to see ... my hair is blonde, so it would stain it really good... not sure if it would be bad for it or not though... it can feel a little bit drying on its own. Maybe I'll do a lock out of curiosity. I have used henna plenty of times and that takes about 4 hours on your hair... I don't know if this would be the same.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@NatalieW well, it would be a bold experiment. Maybe you can just do some tips for a nice punk look. I tried henna a few times my self in the past and as i recall, it was most stubbornly permanent and seemed to take forever to grow out. Keep us posted if you decide to give it a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Wow @zigs...beautiful moth (i think it is a moth, but i am probably wrong). Is this common in your area? Any idea what it is?

and @LIcenter great looking turtle...looks like it is enjoying a shower from the sprinkler. What a nice surprise!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
What is a Dinatron @zigs? Is that some kind of dinosaur? I was thinking the same thing and wondering why such a pretty white moth should have such a scary sounding name. I googled "Dinatron" but didn't get any hits...how often does that happen? Love the emoticons...especially the round green one. I can think of so many uses for this one and it is really making me laugh. Do you think we could get this one added to our list of choices without the Dinatron?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If anyone ever has a decision on taking a second hobby behind gardening, I would highly recommend hiking for this very reason.

Behind gardening?! Hiking comes first for me! Gardening helps so I can have nature in my yard when I'm not able to get out and hike. (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What is a Dinatron @zigs? Is that some kind of dinosaur? I was thinking the same thing and wondering why such a pretty white moth should have such a scary sounding name. I googled "Dinatron" but didn't get any hits...how often does that happen? Love the emoticons...especially the round green one. I can think of so many uses for this one and it is really making me laugh. Do you think we could get this one added to our list of choices without the Dinatron?

Think it was Spike Milligan's word for Dinosaur :)

Don't think you'd be able to separate the gif, you'd have to ask Ian if it could be added :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oooooh, elderberries(y) I hope you are going to harvest them for juice (and/or wine?) if you are so inclined. The juice is so good, i never bothered to make wine.

Ask a Question