What's looking good in June 2016

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oooooh, elderberries(y) I hope you are going to harvest them for juice (and/or wine?) if you are so inclined. The juice is so good, i never bothered to make wine.

No chance, too many hangovers from Elderberry wine :D

TKP665

zone 9, ornamentals
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Lemon Slice Calibrachoa

830bea08655539d4f06da4d623c5f2ec.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Ipomoea purpurea (Morning Glory v. Star of Yalta). This was a seed a few months ago and it has matured very nicely. I was so happy this morning to hear the buzzing of honey bees there. Maybe the butterflies will return as well (after over a year of exploding volcano chased most of the critters away).

P1020202.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Will do, I only see him once a week, he lives in the conservatory at Thomas Hardy's place now. He's got lots of friends there and can show off to all the visitors :)

I inherited him off the ex mrs zigs, she'd been starving him in a tiny pot and occasionally using him as an ash tray :eek: He was only about an inch across then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
He appears to appreciate your coming to the rescue, chubby, healthy little bloomin' thing. I am looking forward to seeing the mature flowers. I myself cannot grow cacti so i have to appreciate them in photos. I am half water creature and half land creature and do not understand things that do not need water. So my past attempts at growing cacti have failed miserably and see no reason why i should continue this path to certain destruction. It makes me feel really bad, and the cacti feel worse.:sick:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
He appears to appreciate your coming to the rescue, chubby, healthy little bloomin' thing. I am looking forward to seeing the mature flowers. I myself cannot grow cacti so i have to appreciate them in photos. I am half water creature and half land creature and do not understand things that do not need water. So my past attempts at growing cacti have failed miserably and see no reason why i should continue this path to certain destruction. It makes me feel really bad, and the cacti feel worse.:sick:

I repotted him in spent mushroom compost with grit, and he loved it :)

I drowned my first one when I was about 8

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now now good people, no personal digs please unless it's in good humour and friendly :)

Ask a Question