What's looking good in June 2015

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The common daylily, hemerocallis fulva is blooming and looking good...
IMG_1516_daylily_pods.jpg

and the flower buds are delicious for breakfast...or any other time. They taste like asparagus.

IMG_1513_daylily_pods.jpg

IMG_1514_daylily_pods.jpg

IMG_1515_daylily_pods.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I just love your pomegranats, they are such interesting plants. I paid a fortune for artificial ones I have in my loungeroom. And as for the baby watermelon, so cute. Where are you from Gaa Montes? Your avatar doesn't specify. You grow such lovely things so I'm guessing somewhere warm. I do find this forum so fascinating. We all garden under such a variety of weathers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Goatdriver. Can you use the tubers , stems and leaves after it flowers so you can have the best of both worlds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Elderflowers, you can make Elderflower Champagne or Cordial from the flowers, and a red wine from the berries :)View attachment 6992
Hi Zigs. You've just reminded me of an elderflower liqueur my son and his wife gave to my husband for his birthday a couple of years ago. It was lovely and he wasn't too keen, a bit sweet for him. I've just been rattling around on our alcohol trolley trying to find it. It is 3am so I'm not about to have a nip, just like to know if it's still there. I'll have to look tomorrow as I'm making a bit of noise:confused:! Pretty plant:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Zigs. You've just reminded me of an elderflower liqueur my son and his wife gave to my husband for his birthday a couple of years ago. It was lovely and he wasn't too keen, a bit sweet for him. I've just been rattling around on our alcohol trolley trying to find it. It is 3am so I'm not about to have a nip, just like to know if it's still there. I'll have to look tomorrow as I'm making a bit of noise:confused:! Pretty plant:)

Not thought about making a Liqueur from it :) Sounds good :)

Ask a Question