P1230713.JPG

P1230714.JPG

P1230715.JPG

P1230717.JPG

P1230725.JPG

P1230737.JPG

P1230739.JPG

Reaction score
June is not a total let down. I see these flowers through our guest room window: I call them jungle fire. Anyone knows the real name? I have them in 3 colours - orange, pink and yellow

Yes - the botanical name is " Caesalpinia Pulcherrima " and although the common name tends to vary from Country to Country - they are most commonly known as " The Pride of Barbados " or " The Peacock Flower " :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yes - the botanical name is " Caesalpinia Pulcherrima " and although the common name tends to vary from Country to Country - they are most commonly known as " The Pride of Barbados " or " The Peacock Flower " :)

Thank you. Strange that it has so many names.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The cat, his name is Sarafi, is his own person. He makes his own decisions and laughs at whatever he wishes. :D

He lives four houses away but has decided that he also owns our garden and house. :whistle:

P1230301.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The cat, his name is Sarafi, is his own person. He makes his own decisions and laughs at whatever he wishes. :D

He lives four houses away but has decided that he also owns our garden and house. :whistle:

View attachment 7057

I have had this experience too. So many have come and gone leaving behind indelible memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Gorgeous! We've got a cat like that - don't know where she lives or what her name is, but my friend decided she's called Maude. I often joke to Ian that we're just here to tend 'her' garden for her :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
They will get smashed and that is not how a jackfruit is dealt with :LOL:
I have had jack fruit in a lovely Indian curry here. I could have sworn it was chicken and the gentleman behind the counter had to reassure me it wasn't as I had to do in turn to my vegetarian coworker. I've not been able to buy it fresh and would love to.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have had jack fruit in a lovely Indian curry here. I could have sworn it was chicken and the gentleman behind the counter had to reassure me it wasn't as I had to do in turn to my vegetarian coworker. I've not been able to buy it fresh and would love to.

I have four trees and two of them at this moment are packed with fruits. I give them away as I have yet to find someone who would just pluck them and pay me for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b

How would your vegetarian co-worker know it tasted of chicken?? :D :LOL:

Ask a Question