Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Uk makes puppies and kittens illegal

https://www.france24.com/en/20181225-britain-bans-puppy-kitten-sales-pet-shops

I am so glad you guys pay their salary. Really I am. We have the same idiots here in the USA
I'd be surprised that the government would have time to deal with this. The bandwidth has been taken over by Brexit with inept and incompetent negotiators. headed by an unlistening PM who keeps going back on her words and MPs who think they are better than the next one!!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be surprised that the government would have time to deal with this. The bandwidth has been taken over by Brexit with inept and incompetent negotiators. headed by an unlistening PM who keeps going back on her words and MPs who think they are better than the next one!!
Yes all they're focusing on is Brexit.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
“Government action to remove nitrites from processed meats should not be far away,”

'Vast majority' of bacon contains cancer-causing chemicals, say campaigners urging the Government to take action on nitrates in processed meats
  • Scientist and NHS doctor demand action on cancer risk from processed meats
  • They are calling for Government action to raise awareness of the health dangers
  • Studies say nitrites in processed meats could be responsible for bowel cancer

Son's cooking bacon now. One of those moments that you enjoy but feel scared at the same time!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some countries and indeed some people are very slow to respond to dangers! ;) Could be they don't understand or they deliberately bury their heads in the sand, in sort of perverse way!

Each to his/her own!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
“Government action to remove nitrites from processed meats should not be far away,”

'Vast majority' of bacon contains cancer-causing chemicals, say campaigners urging the Government to take action on nitrates in processed meats
  • Scientist and NHS doctor demand action on cancer risk from processed meats
  • They are calling for Government action to raise awareness of the health dangers
  • Studies say nitrites in processed meats could be responsible for bowel cancer

Son's cooking bacon now. One of those moments that you enjoy but feel scared at the same time!
Do they not know this is the same chemical used in vaginal creams? They may not understand how angry uncomfortable women may get involved with this protest.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Do they not know this is the same chemical used in vaginal creams? They may not understand how angry uncomfortable women may get involved with this protest.
The cream and pesserie that i occasionally use hasn't got it in.
I always wash myself after having a bowel movement and that works. I can get it if i take antibiotics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There are guidelines about processed meats, if they eat more than they should, it's their own fault.
Given the current safety standards in commercial food delivery, nitrites are as much a flavoring as a preservative. Perhaps the protesters could serve us better by coming up with a new flavoring instead of protesting.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There are guidelines about processed meats, if they eat more than they should, it's their own fault.

There are guidelines for everything. If everyone is so sensible and lucky or has others' interest in his heart, there won't be so many problems in the world. Sometimes, what you read is not what you see. That's why someone bought Findus products, thinking they were buying beef whilst in fact they were getting horse meat injected with tranquillisers!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Given the current safety standards in commercial food delivery, nitrites are as much a flavoring as a preservative. Perhaps the protesters could serve us better by coming up with a new flavoring instead of protesting.

That's why some government funded cookery course discouraged the use of salt and introduced the use of herbs.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

What makes you think people are protesting? Nothing to do with protesting. Far from it. They are just pointing out the hidden danger of some ingredients. It's to do with raising awareness and debates.

Ask a Question