What types of herbs do you grow?

Reaction score
I grow cilantro it is one of my favorite herbs in the whole world. I use it in almost all of my cooking and there is a difference between fresh cilantro and store brought.

Reaction score
That is amazing! So many people keep herbs on the windowsill, particularly in winter when it's too cold to grow them outside. There are so many references to it in books, magazines, movies... There are even little kits you can buy!

I know, right? Kitchen herb gardens are normal in American culture and most grandmas have them. I've even seen them in sitcoms but maybe she's not located in the United States.

Reaction score
When I moved 8 months ago, I was so busy that I neglected my plants, so I had to start over with new herbs plants and I'm down to mint, basil and a jalapeno plant.
I need to buy a lot more mint because my daughter and I use mint faster than the plant can grow leaves.

Reaction score
I'm in a new place so I didn't grow any herbs yet but I've been thinking about it. One herb I really want to grow is chives because they smell so good and taste great in certain recipes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I just joined this forum, so bear with me if I repeat a post that I missed reading.
I grow Mexican oregano, Italian oregano, large-leaf and also purple basils, thyme, parsley, three different rosemarys, marjoram, sweet bay, dill, and garlic chives. In our Texas heat it is a problem to keep regular chives alive, so I generally start a new clump each year. The garlic chives, on the other hand, are impossible to kill!
Eveggies is so right--having fresh, homegrown and right at hand herbs is such a blessing!

Ask a Question