zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's early Bees :)

Is that an over wintered plant or a fresh sowing? Aren't they biennials?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I sowed them in the greenhouse, move them outside when appropriate.
Isn't it strange how you get two plants from one "seed"?
I know that most beetroot are multigerm, but are there any other plants like this?

Reaction score
Mainly I grow a ton of mint - chocolate, spearmint, pineapple mint, catnip, etc. I love dill so I have a ton of it, its a ready self seeder. Basil, lemon balm, chives, and parsley are some of the others. I use them all for not only cooking but herbal remedies as well.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I sowed them in the greenhouse, move them outside when appropriate.
Isn't it strange how you get two plants from one "seed"?
I know that most beetroot are multigerm, but are there any other plants like this?

Can't think of any outside the beet family.

Reaction score
I'm just curious - what types of herbs do you grow? In my kitchen I have quite a lot of flowerpots, it's my little herb garden, I love it. I grow mint, thyme, lavender - what a beautiful scent - and basil. How about you? I'm looking for some inspiration.

I grow most of my mine outside, but near the house. However, I do have thyme, lavender, basil, rosemary, and tarragon indoors. I love the wonderful scents of growing herbs indoors, and they are always recipe ready. I even grow green onions indoors.

Reaction score
I really like growing marjoram, oregano, basil and whatever culinary herbs I can get. At the moment I have plenty of basil here. Also coriander, parsley, and some sharp pointy Asian herb that I can't remember the name right now.

Reaction score
I'm just curious - what types of herbs do you grow? In my kitchen I have quite a lot of flowerpots, it's my little herb garden, I love it. I grow mint, thyme, lavender - what a beautiful scent - and basil. How about you? I'm looking for some inspiration.

I have great luck with parsley,thyme,sage. My sage went all year long in 2013 it is still beautiful. Cilantro is another great one to grow all year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have great luck with parsley,thyme,sage. My sage went all year long in 2013 it is still beautiful. Cilantro is another great one to grow all year.
This sounds great! Congratulations:) Growing herbs is very beneficial, isn't it? It helps me save some money and I know that what I grow isn't treated with any chemicals, so it's really healthy:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Just got a few more to add to what I already had. It's so wonderful to step outside and clip a few fresh sprigs of something when your cooking. I now have cilantro, basil, marjoram, thyme, oregano, mint, parsley, fennel, sage, lemon grass, lemon balm, rosemary, and dill. May still have garlic and onion going, have to turn the pots out and see what's going on.

Reaction score
It's sad to say but i don't have a lot of herb in my garden, at present i have basil, peppermint and rosemary.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Mainly I grow a ton of mint - chocolate, spearmint, pineapple mint, catnip, etc. I love dill so I have a ton of it, its a ready self seeder. Basil, lemon balm, chives, and parsley are some of the others. I use them all for not only cooking but herbal remedies as well.
I used to grow mint for tea. Add a sprig to a glass of iced tea. If you have fresh mint you can also make mint juleps, especially good for watching the "run for the roses".

Reaction score
I have a small herb garden in which I grow mostly 'woody' varieties of herbs like thyme and rosemary, and other herbs that come back year after year such as lavender - actually I have lavender dotted around my garden as I read that this is a good plant for attracting bees. I also have mint and sage in the garden as these just seem to go bonkers, and don't mind a bit of bad weather here and there.

On my windowsill I have most leafy herbs that you have to re-sow over and over; I have basil, coriander, flat leaf parsley and chives - for some reason, chives won't grow for me very well outside, but they love it on my windowsill.

I'd love to extend my herb garden and have things like comfrey, marjoram, and maybe some other unusual varieties too. Any suggestions welcome!

Reaction score
I have

Sweet basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Stevia, Chocolate Mint, Aloe (if you count that as an herb), Cilantro, and Parsley

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my first herb, mint the next one I purchase or start from seed will be rosemary, I love the aroma when cooking.

Reaction score
In my herb garden I currently have spicy and sweet oregano, cilantro and dill. I love my herb garden, whenever I am cooking I can go to my balcony with my kitchen shears and snip what I need and add it to my dish. It just makes me smile knowing I have something I grew in my meals when I serve to my family.

Ask a Question