What Trees are a must have?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a bit new here, and here it looks like a great place to join in, 'cause I really like trees. If the question is - what tree is a must, then my answer would be a Moringa tree. Have you heard about it? Apparently it's a miracle tree in Africa and you can use it for tons of things; from making soaps to eating...
I acctually had one last summer. But it froze during the fall. Never mind, I'm getting another one soon :)

Btw, the pics are really great :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hi, Echoes, it's nice to meet you!
I haven't heard of Moringa trees before, I've just googled them to find some pictures.
Here is one of them:

image001.jpg

What are these long, funny things? Are they fruits? Are they edible?:)
I've always dreamed of visiting Africa, there are so many amazing and beautiful plants there!

Reaction score
The main questions for you is how much space do you have and what do you like? Lilacs are wonderful in the spring, I wish that they would bloom longer. Do you want flowering trees, not flowering or a combo. The Japanese maples are really pretty and in the Fall they are my favorite during leaf clearing, they have small leaves so they are really easy to rake. Where you live is another consideration as well.

Reaction score
Our area is fairly new, so there aren't many trees around here. However, a friend of mine lives in an older neighborhood, and it is filled with evergreen trees. Now, evergreens don't seem to look all too pleasant near a garden, but the whole street is filled with them when you drive by the lawns. It really gives a nice shady mood to the street and looks amazing every season. I don't have any trees in my garden, but am thinking of planting a cherry tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My boyfriend loves evergreen trees. He plans to plant them in our future garden. I plan to plant poplars:cautious:
The truth is that I've never really liked evergreen trees. They don't have normal leaves and they don't turn yellow in autumn:unsure:

Reaction score
I'm going to put in at least an apple tree this year at my parents' house. Maybe a cherry tree too, if I can find the room for it. My grandparents had a couple of peach trees by his garden when I was little and they were the best peaches I've ever had.

Reaction score
I live in Miami ,FL and to me palm trees are a must have because they have such a wonderful tropical look and some of them produce coconuts. I also love guava trees, orange trees, and mango trees. My old apartment had a mango tree that I was allowed to pick mangoes from. That mango tree is the only thing I will miss about my old apartment.

Reaction score
We also have these trees in Florida called poinciana trees or "flame trees". They drop a mess of petals on the street, but they're beautiful.

5924f5b547bf9a0909387f6a96175a1e.jpg

2817189c64e5b377d213d1b353ce34ba.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the first time when I see a "flame tree", ASCAPA. It's so pretty, it really looks like it's on fire! Does it produce fragrant flowers?
The fallen petals are a little messy, but I believe that it's nice to walk on them. It's like a carpet!:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
my most wanted trees are ones that give me fruit .Other trees are pretty but if I am going to have trees they need to feed me also .

Reaction score
My priority trees are always fruiting trees, I want every edible tree there is, but once I get a lot more acreage than I have now there are a lot of non-edible trees I'll plant.

I'm still mapping things out so far but I know I'll have some native trees like oaks, cypress, pines, sweet gum trees, river birch, maples, etc. I've always had these in my yard and love them. I definitely want some willows, black locust, poplar, elm, chinese popcorn (Invasive here, but I have some in my yard and quite like them), sycamore, some coniferous evergreens...and a lot more!

Ask a Question