Thorn apple trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Our new property is covered with these things. You have to be carefull of get stuck with throns from them or grabbed by multa flora rose thorns.

Have decided this winter I will be cutting most down and chipping the smaller stuff to muck and letting it rot in place rather than take a chance of getting thorns in the dogs feet on in my self some how.
I have a very good supply of seedlings to trans plant in their place where I want trees.

But mostly I am going to make mini food plots there for the deer and turkeys. Going to see how hard it is to remove the roots. some i know will come out easy in ther spring and a high hook up to the tractor.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
If and when they have any fruit they are Pea size and the throns can be from an inch to 2 inches long and sharp.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
will use the bigger stuff for fire wood. Rest I will chip up so it rots away quickly or just pile it up as a hidy hole for rabbits and other critters.

Ask a Question