What Trees are a must have?

Reaction score
Oh:( I can't imagine my life without polars.
Here is a close-up of their leaves. They're rather small and, in my opinion, very pretty:

topola_simona_501.jpg

And here is another magnificent picture of poplars:D:

topole.jpg
The leaves are like teardrops, I think that generally, trees with teardrop leaves are the prettiest. What's fascinating to me is how leaves in nature can be perfectly symmetrical (like the ones in the image); nature is a magical thing.

Question: Have you ever studied a tree and realized that it looks just like a human body with all of its curves and arms?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Question: Have you ever studied a tree and realized that it looks just like a human body with all of its curves and arms?
No, not really. I think that human body is beautiful and trees are beautiful as well, but in my opinion these are different kinds of beauty. To be honest, I don't see any similarities between them.
It would be scary if some people were so giant:p

Reaction score
Preya, I see what you mention about trees resembling people. I guess it's how one views the world, and all it's mysteries. Trees have their own life force, and although they are 'just a plant,' I believe they feel things in their environment, just like we do. Surely they know when the climate and seasons are changing, as we can all see their response to those things. And yes, I talk to my plants, lol, begging them to grow for me as I tend to them.
The Angel Trumpet trees are fantastically beautiful. They grow quick, and respond very well to coddling. I found a source for them and have since become sort of a collector of the different colors and flower types.
http://www.trumpetflowers.com/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Angel Trumpet Tree attracts hummingbirds, doesn't it? Have you seen any of those lovely, little creatures?:)
As for the tree, I agree that it's gorgeous, I love the big flowers! I wish I could grow it in my garden. Unfortunately, the climate here is too cold.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably go for a Cherry. As much as I like Apples there's enough of them around here to keep me supplied, folk give them away outside their houses.

Reaction score
Right now we have a plum tree that sorely needs to be pruned. I would love to plant a few dwarf apple and pear trees here as well.
We currently have a black walnut tree but I would love to have a pecan tree. If it were up to me and I had the money, I would plant two of every kind of fruit/nut tree I could get my hands on. ;):love::love::love:

Reaction score
You can grow Angels just about anywhere Claudine, really. :) They are vigorous, very easy to propagate, and some of the prettiest blooms I've seen are from a grower up in Alaska of all places!
The Germans and the Danes also have created some of the loveliest of cultivars, even in their short growing season :)
Yes, in their native environment (the cloud forests of South America) a particular hummingbird pollinates them. But here, we don't have that hummingbird, but the bees do a bang-up job in their place.
http://www.trumpetflowers.com/info/overwintering-brugmansia.htm

Reaction score
Our house is over 100 years old and is surrounded with huge trees. They are so beautiful in all of the seasons. I couldn't imagine my home without them. They bring birds and squirrels to our yard and it makes a fun adventure everyday for my kids.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
RainyDay, thank you for the information, it's good to know!:) I was sure that Angel Trumpet Tree.grows only in a warm climate, because I've never seen it in my area. I'd love to plant it in my garden, it's a stunning tree.

Lacey, it sounds like my place:) I live in a very old house too. It had been surrounded with old trees, I remember them clearly. Unfortunately, my parents got rid of them:cry:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a yard many years ago that had apple trees, plum trees, peach trees in the back, I enjoyed going into the yard and plucking fruit from the trees. I would like a lemon tree in my yard along with the above fruit trees and a few large pine trees, I love the smell of pine.

Reaction score
My family members all have different types of tress in the gardens, from apple trees to peach trees. I was wondering what trees you think are a must to have in your gardens? I would chose apple trees, because they always say that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"; not only that, but I want my children to learn to eat their fruits, and this rhyme seems perfect to connect to reality.

Crab apple trees are one of my must have trees. They are so beautiful and fragrant when they bloom.
I would also vote for apple trees. However, it will take a few years until you can get apples to form and ripen.

Reaction score
I would love to have a property with apple, orange, and lemon trees. Those are three of my favorite fruits that grow on trees. So, if I could, I would prefer to have them fresh and grown by myself if I can manage it. I think a trip to the backyard would be better than a trip to the store or farmer's market if I can help it. I know I can't grow everything I want but I can try to have a few things "on hand'.

Reaction score
I love trees that produce fruit or colorful ones. At present time I have a few Maple Trees, A Japanese Maple tree, a plum tree and a few herbs and spices in my garden :)

Reaction score
For the past few days I have been dreaming up and conceiving my dream garden, I would have to say that the Yoshino Cherry, the Red Maple, and the Wisteria are all must-haves in my brand-new garden. o.o I kind of do not like trees that are all green-colored.

Ask a Question