Need help with olive trees

Reaction score
Country
United States
I Bought 2, four foot tall olive trees in 2016 put them in the groung according to the instructions from fast growing trees they did fine for most of the first winter but we had a very late frost when they were blooming and i lost most of the blossoms. Each plant made a few olives. I live about 20 miles south of Charleston SC. Last winter we had a really hard freeze and about 8 inches of snow that hung around for about a week. The temperaure reached 15F This is the first time in 30 years i have seen this low of temperatures. This spring all the leaves fell off both bushes I thought they were dead but Now there is new growth sprouting from the main stem up about 18 inches from the ground. I trimmed off all of the dead wood this afternoon. is there anything else i should do to these trees? Water has not been a problem since we have had rain 3-4 times each week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I Bought 2, four foot tall olive trees in 2016 put them in the groung according to the instructions from fast growing trees they did fine for most of the first winter but we had a very late frost when they were blooming and i lost most of the blossoms. Each plant made a few olives. I live about 20 miles south of Charleston SC. Last winter we had a really hard freeze and about 8 inches of snow that hung around for about a week. The temperaure reached 15F This is the first time in 30 years i have seen this low of temperatures. This spring all the leaves fell off both bushes I thought they were dead but Now there is new growth sprouting from the main stem up about 18 inches from the ground. I trimmed off all of the dead wood this afternoon. is there anything else i should do to these trees? Water has not been a problem since we have had rain 3-4 times each week.
You might give them a little organic fertilizer.

Ask a Question