What size pot for dwarf sunflowers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to grow Suntastic Yellow sunflowers that grow between 1-2 feet tall and about 1 foot wide. What size pot should I get? If anyone has any advice on the type of pot they prefer, such as terracotta, ceramic, plastic, etc., that would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United States
They can be grown in a pot of made of any of the materials you mentioned, or wood, metal, etc. Porous materials such as unglazed ceramic will dry out faster, so water accordingly.

If being grown for the full season I would recommend planting seeds or starts in Spring in a large pot to encourage an ample root system.

Are you intending to plant sunflowers now in September? Should I presume these are already larger flowering sized plants? If so, you could use a smaller container for a shorter seasonal display.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I planted some seeds of those couple summers ago. my pot is up to mid thigh. the width is about 4 foot. as I did not want to fill the whole thing with soil, I put in ---upside down 4 plastic pots to fill in the bottom. put soil in. planted the seeds and that was it. but I started this in May.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I won't be planting them until the spring/summer 2022, but I'm trying to get a head start on learning what I should be doing. I don't know too much about gardening yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I won't be planting them until the spring/summer 2022, but I'm trying to get a head start on learning what I should be doing. I don't know too much about gardening yet.
order yourself on line John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds catalog they have mini ones there. and so much other awesome unique seeds. you can have fun all winter reading the choices.

Ask a Question