Pot size question

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello I have a questions about pot sizing. I’m wanting to propagate and repot some long cascading plants but I don’t want the plant to grow huge (just stay alive really and keep its length). would a small pot 10cm high x 95cm wide be okay for String of Beans, Chain of hearts and mistletoe cactus? Would they survive fine over a long period of time in a pot that small? Thanks

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Not so much the pot size as the nutrient available, the plants will use up whats in the compost and won't get much bigger without feeding.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

First, I will hazard to correct your stated pot measurement to 10 cm X 9.5 cm.
Yes, trailing succulents can survive in pot of that size, assuming of course, that they receive proper care.
However, they will continue to grow, which is what you want a healthy plant to do.
All the same, their ultimate size can be easily determined by you and your secateurs.

I believe the common names you list may refer to these plants:
String-of-Beans (Senecio radicans, Asteraceae). Also known as String-of-Bananas or Baboon Toes.
Chain-of-Hearts (Ceropegia woodii, Apocynaceae). Also known as String-of-Hearts or Rosary Vine.
Mistletoe Cactus (species of Hatiora, Lepismium, Rhipsalis, etc., especially Rhipsalis baccifera, all Cactaceae)

Ask a Question