What kind of plants is the center of attraction in your garden?

Reaction score
My mother had many flowering plants and our orchids of different kinds I think are the ones that is always being praise by the people who had visited our house and our garden. Our orchids always blooms wonderful flowers which are always lovely to look at and I may say that it is my stress reliever before when I am still in my home country. Now I miss our orchids and I can't wait to go back home for a vacation to see their flowers again.

How about you? What kind of plants is the center of attraction in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The plant I by far get the most compliments on are my Anabel hydrangeas because of the incredibly large, flowering heads and just how amazing they look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our front yard has mostly decorative plants like sampaguita, our national flower. But the attraction of our front yard is the orchid bar where there are no orchids but dragon fruit is in its place. The dragon fruit has a beautiful flower that has a scent although it blooms in just one day and withers on the next day. But the red fruits of the dragon fruit vine is very attractive to people passing by.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My miniature roses are the most important and beautiful plants I have. Each one of them was a gift from my boyfriend and I love them all very, very much:love:
Just looking at them makes me smile! I wish they could bloom all year long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
in all my gardens, all my plants are planned to play off each other as one would decorate a room. thus the colors near each other and their heights compliments each other. However, in my planning I did seek out the unique, (mailed in from nurseries who have rare of the species ) so I cannot say which is the top in my gardens. I also have piers of growing and blooming so something is starting and stopping all the time, even winter interest is present in the callicarpia and the black beauty lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The plant I by far get the most compliments on are my Anabel hydrangeas because of the incredibly large, flowering heads and just how amazing they look.
I have three anabels, and your right they are huge, right now there are some flowers that are hanging on even in this cold. have to prune down the largest soon, I only go halfway down on the shrub leaving the dead as a cage for next years growth support.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When Spring comes, my different colors irises are the center of attention! They are talk and beautiful to see after the dead of winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
With hundred's of flowing plants I Think my peonies trees are the center of attraction because of the large flowers and color.

Ask a Question