help! what kind of chlorosis is this?

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
please help me identify what nutrient deficiency my plants are suffering from.

i have several okra planted in a small raised bed with yellow spots and also on my bouganvilla in another raised planter nearby. the plants seems to be thriving but the leaves look strange. thought it was magnesium so i gave them Epsom salt but does not seem to help.

20181011_110330.jpg 20181011_112020.jpg 20181011_112010.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would give them a dose of any good organic vegetable fertilizer, just to cover my bases. If that works, you have a better chance to figure out what is specifically needed later.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hi! thanks for your reply. i do fertilize regularly like every 2 weeks with organic fertiliser and alternating with fruits and vegetable npk with have elements. i also got them with Epsom salts and some bone meal. my tomatoes in the same bed are doing better with just very tiny light green spots between the veins.

my okra is producing relatively well and bouganvilla is also flowering regularly. but the leaves are unsightly. i also have melons in another need doing well but my water melon got some black spots i think it's fungus so since they are recently transplanted i removed the infected leaves and if they don't survive i can just start over. my Rick melon has tiny fruits growing and is doing ok. i use the same soil in all the beds.

hope someone can tell me if this is a nutrient deficiency or fungus so i know what to do about it. i live in a tropical environment and grow year round. it's monsoon rain season so i am getting rain daily now. but the leaves were looking like that since before monsoon rains came. .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Bhendi yellow vein mosaic virus? I am extremely curious but Singapore is biologically so different from my arena that I am having difficulty even understanding the type of okra being grown. Are there local groups perhaps who have a member suffering the same fate? And generally, I do not see sun in your pics so can you tell me if the plants are in full sun? It might be solar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hello!

Singapore is sunny year round for most part. my okra receives full direct sun missy of the day, morning and evening .

we are a tropical rainforest environment. soil is not great so i mix compost bought commercially (though i just started a worm farm) and the plants generally do well. i dunno if it's a ph thing or nutrient or disease as i am quite a noob gardener.

this past week has been raining daily.. today all day. for most part my garden is still doing ok though i do worry about the excessive wetness...

i will try putting up more pics. the discoloration appears mostly on older growth especially in the okra and bouganvilla.

would appreciate any suggestions only what i could try...

been hit with the gardening bug...

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
here are some pics. its raining today but usually sunny.

okra leaves newer vs older leaves. the first leaves got very large and now the leaves look like the okra i see only YouTube..

my rock melons ate doing ok

my tomatoes seem to have recovered absd looking dark green, growing the first 3 tomatoes

20181014_145512.jpg 20181014_145418.jpg 20181014_145426.jpg 20181014_145404.jpg 20181014_145345.jpg 20181014_145439.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i just realised how horrible auto spell made me sound... lol sorry about the typos but if you're reading this you poetically know what i mean.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You know if the new leaves are coming along fine you probably just went through a phase of really fast growth that presented some nutrient imbalances. Not uncommon in plants bred to deliver a crop as soon as possible

Ask a Question