JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, I'm still going through my photos from camping, but I managed to take another hundred or so today, so I'll have to go through them once I'm done with the camping photos. Saw some cool things today. Might create another thread for today's adventure or I may just add it to the camping thread I plan on posting. Here's one photo from today. This is a fog horn house along Lake Michigan. It's been converted into a small museum! It's great that a historic building gets used and open to the public rather than being torn down.
IMG_7789 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Visited an old mining township called Clunes in Victoria on the weekend on a very nostalgic trip. I lived there as a child in the 1950s and one of the 2 homes we lived in has been turned into a wonderful b&b. It was called Hillcrest when we lived there and still is With permission from the owners my 2 older brothers and younger sister and I had a walk around the garden. The house was built in the late1800s and has been converted into 2 apartments, one upstairs one downstairs. The garden is magnificent. The circular drive way still has the original partitions, now filled with cottage garden flowers but was lawn when we lived there. My brothers remember having to lift up the lawn mower to mow these sections. Check out the australiana wombat seat carved out of a very large log, must have been a tree trunk.
rps20181023_032636.jpg
rps20181023_032658.jpg
rps20181023_032844.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's an old cabin in the woods from my camping trip. It sits all by itself in the middle of the forest, along a six mile trail. I believe the first time I remember seeing it was in 2012, and I thought it was the creepiest place. Just a random spooky cabin in the woods.

IMG_7162 copy.jpg

Of course, now days I see something like this and think "I wish I lived in a place like this". As long as it has electricity and internet access, of course! :LOL:

I tried to find information about the history of this cabin, but there doesn't seem to be any, other than what's on the small sign in front of the cabin. It's called the Grover/Smith cabin, it was built in 1929 and restored in 2003. That's about all the information that exists about it. No special history that I'm aware of, but interesting regardless.

IMG_7159 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mmm .......would make a lovely weekend bolt hole.......but agree that it is rather spooky looking :nailbiting:. Think I would need the full history of it first :unsure::), but then I am a scaredy cat :ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
nm 002.JPG

No, mind out of the gutter. With the past several days warm and a lot of rain,.......the first I have ever seen out in nature. Stinkhorn and wow do they live up to the name.

Ask a Question