What is your view?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Larisa,:) i think very little has been written about this tree. I have some better photos that i will post and i will observe the forest through the seasons. We are in a vast expanse of these trees that are letting themselves be known by the lovely flowers. I hope the forest is penetrable, the tree may be deciduous. I am not sure, yet.

I will send you seeds, maybe it can be bonsi'd. The seeds won't be ready until they have finished blooming, and have very ripe fruit, so it will be awhile. I am thinking of one tree that was one of the first to bloom and it is close to a road of sorts. I haven't seen the fruits but maybe i will try to send seeds in the dried fruit, each fruit gives one seed, and then also the dried seed without the fruit.

Two Pygmy Owls on the wing this morning.:happy:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary how far are the falls from where you live? They are very pretty and inviting. Do the falls have a proper name?

It's kind of hard to judge the distance. (We met at my work, and went from there.) If I went straight there, I'd guess the falls are less than forty-five minutes from my house, so not too far. They don't have a proper name that I am aware of. :unsure:

If anything, they call it "the old swimmin' hole." :ROFLMAO:

0712181254.jpg

The part in front only goes up to 3' deep, so it's good for wading. The upper part is deep enough to swim in. And... if you are brave enough... :wideyed: you can actually jump off the bridge into the water on the other side!!

"Wait!! Back up!! Park the car!!" :woot:

0712181336a.jpg

Beverly, do the flowers have a scent? The scenery is beautiful! :love:
:angelic:Gee, I bet you get some absolutely stunning sunsets. :whistle:

Larisa, the twisty mirrored building is very cool! :cool: I like a lot of the architecture in your city shots. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary...so who says Ohio doesn't have picture postcard places? I'll bet there are more of them down the road as well. Yes, we get sunrises and sunsets, was that some kind of hint?;) I bet Ohio does too. Frankly at the present time, my stomach is in knots over the "Trump/Kavanaugh" thing. Confirmation would be a disaster...even his peers (all the judges in the US) say so too. God bless Anderson Cooper and friends, but i can't manage to watch the results. There is nothing i can do so i will wait until the final vote is in.

I am not sure about the fragrance of the flowers, my nose will not stretch that far. I need to find a tree closer to my nose. But i have been thinking the same thing, and am thinking they must have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Two owls? :)
Yes,2 i saw the full wing span just before they disappeared into the vegetation. Definitely an owl and not a Pygmy. The upper wing was a darkish color close to the body turning to a cream color, very striking, It will be a stinker to id but i will give it a try. Wow, you still have the Neem growing? Bravo.

@MaryMary [QUOTE="if you could see where some people park their cars here ... :sneaky:[/QUOTE] Do you think they are not so interested in swimming?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, we get sunrises and sunsets, was that some kind of hint?;) I bet Ohio does too.

Hint? What? Who? Me? :whistle: :sneaky:

I delete a lot of the pictures of ones from around home. If the camera can't pick up at least some of the reds and purples I see, I get disgusted. :( (Also, most of the sunsets from around home I see at work, and the pictures would have buildings in them, which kind of ruins the effect.) (Hmm... Or maybe I only like the ones over water? :confused:) Sunset over mountains would be good. Ohio definitely suffers from a lack of mountains.

The best sunset pictures come from my sister's cabin. :D (y) (I love that tree across the channel! :love:)

0409012002.jpg

0411012020.jpg

0411012005a.jpg

0411012007.jpg

Our view is simple, but we do enjoy it!

Oooh, I enjoy it, too!! (y) Are the birds snowy egrets? :unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, they are Great Egrets. We have little egrets and the greats, which may also be called snowy egrets (birds have so many names that it must be difficult for them to get passports). Yesterday we had eleven egrets and a great blue heron on the pond.
Zigs, I love the boardwalk across the fen. When we vacationed in Louisiana, there was a boardwalk across a bayou. We were standing admiring the water lilies, fish, and whoops! an alligator. He was small and not interested in mammalian meat, so we just kept on going and hoping his daddy didn't show up!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's the beach at Dungeness :)

I live in another part of the country now and it's all new to me :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Wow @zigs that is a very cool photo, the sky, the shingle (is that what you call it?). You are living in a new place? It appears to be near the sea though right? It is always fun to explore new territory and i hope you will take us with you when you do.

That's the beach at Dungeness :)
got crabs?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow @zigs that is a very cool photo, the sky, the shingle (is that what you call it?). You are living in a new place? It appears to be near the sea though right? It is always fun to explore new territory and i hope you will take us with you when you do.

got crabs?

Shingle is right :) Yep, I live on the other side of the country now, not far from the channel and the north sea :)

Might be some glow in the dark crabs, nuclear power station on the beach :eek:

DSCI0200.JPG

Went to the north coast today :)

DSCI0239.JPG

Some Roman bricks re used in this ruined church.

DSCI0236.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here was my view the past few days. I spent my time camping in a forest. I've got over 2,000 photos to go through. When I'm done, I'll be posting some of my favorites. Based on what I've seen so far, I have a lot of favorites! I'll probably be making a separate thread for my camping trip in the next couple of days or so.
IMG_7558 copy.jpg

Ask a Question