What is your view?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
well, it is a start and my bet would be that it will grow and encourage more sanctuaries and remediations.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was down at the lakeshore again yesterday, but this time I was at North Beach. During the summer, the beach is always busy. The beach hosts events through out the year such as pro volleyball tournaments, jet ski races, charity runs, triathlons, polar bear plunges, and the Fourth of July firework show.

Now that we're in September, the beach is technically closed. It's still here to be used, but lifeguards are no longer on duty and the Beachside Oasis is shut down for the season. The Beachside Oasis is essentially on concession stand, but also has palm trees, hammocks, and chairs. They occasionally have music, sometimes live music. I'd guess they are also in charge of the volleyball nets nearby. Yesterday was cool, cloudy, and windy. The water was dangerous and schools are back in session, so there was almost no one to be found.
IMG_4007 copy.jpg

This lighthouse is the Breakwater Lighthouse. It always reminds me of my early childhood. I used to live near the lake, so the lighthouse was a common sight for me. It has never been operational in my lifetime. Hopefully they will make sure it stays in place, since it's a notable part of our lakefront.
IMG_3978 copy.jpg

Another lighthouse, taken from the same position as the last photo, is the Wind Point Lighthouse. This one is operational, and there's a park created around the base of it. Haven't visited it in awhile, but next time I do, I'll try to take a few photos to share.
IMG_3987 copy.jpg

Here's one of the many Herring Gulls that can be found on the beach.
IMG_3994 copy.jpg

Of course, while many people like the beach for swimming and soaking up the sun, my favorite part is the very small section of dunes.
IMG_3976 copy.jpg

IMG_4011 copy.jpg

IMG_4014 copy.jpg

IMG_4017 copy.jpg

Lastly, here's a google satellite shot of the beach to give you a general idea of the area.
rnb.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of areas fairly local to us ( 30- 45 mins drive away) .The New Forest and the Mudeford Sandbank beach . Both played an important part during my childhood years and still do today. Our own children enjoyed the fun, freedom and beauty that these stunning areas offered them when they were children too.
Hubs and I spent yet another blissful day at both places this week.
Here are a few pics that I hope captures their peaceful beauty.

IMG_20180905_171108.jpg
IMG_20180905_172516.jpg
IMG_20180905_172003.jpg
IMG_20180905_171831.jpg
IMG_20180905_105107.jpg
IMG_20180905_103931.jpg
IMG_20180905_104703_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180905_104729_hdr.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there @trail twister welcome to the forum:)
Please go to Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself, also it's a good idea to add your location and hardiness zone to your profile, this will be beneficial should you seek help/ advice :D(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh sorry Daisy and Al, I missed your posts, stupid me! :rolleyes:

It still looks very green where you are. The leaves up here are just starting to change and drop but that's hardly surprising after a lousy August weather-wise. We've also had three minor frosts in the last fortnight - much too early!

Ask a Question