What is your view?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
You know @MaryMary i well remember your creek as being particularly lovely. Perhaps you have forgotten it?:oops: I wouldn't mind seeing another photo :)

I was settled in before i ever saw this place, we were made for each other. There are odd little things, like a copper kitchen sink rectangular and deep, also an owl hand carved of parota wood (11 inches tall) fixed to the staircase newel post. I still have to hang a lot of photos and artwork, and i haven't hooked up to TV cable. I don't see these things as urgent (unless i am to have guests soon). I am more interested now to start making a garden out of 2 large terrazzas and one balcony and the porch area around the front door. From my former garden, i only brought one plant, a lagerstroemia indica (crepe myrtle) that i started from seed and will grow in bush form. It is loving it here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Beverly I'm very glad to find you here, although I did not lose you! :D

A bit of the city's botanical garden. :)
27.jpg
28.jpg

4.jpg
11.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oooooh, i love the duck (not familiar to me) and the wild spaces and everything else. It appears to be a very large area where one could endlessly wander. Is this a place where you can walk to from your home? There are at least 2 botanical gardens that i know of here. I am hoping soon to be able to make a Botanical/Vivero crawl (kind of like a pub crawl but without the beer :(). Just take an entire day although that might result in sensory overload.

I was thinking ot a "Botanical Garden, take your best shot" thread. There are so many incredibly wonderful botanical gardens. Maybe make a contest for best entry (one entry each, identified)...winner gets a mug? But of course now i have been hit with a lazy stick. We are having rains during the night that are just like lullabies. It is making me soooo relaxed and sleepy. Now, i am wanting chamomile tea which will probably knock me out altogether.

I hope you have your sunflower seeds in the ground for that one.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
There are many parks in Moscow, but 2 Botanical gardens.
This garden is not very big. But the garden has such a layout that you can walk there for several hours on different small roads. You can climb the hills and go down. The roads are not straight and intersect. You can walk slowly to watch traditional and rare plants, visit the greenhouse.

This garden begins interesting and unexpected. At first you go on a wide city avenue. Now there are a lot of football fans from different countries. So it's noisy now and fun! :D But here you see a small door, you go there and how Alice gets into another world, calm and quiet.:)

0_e824e_ce030763_XXL.jpg

apt.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You know @MaryMary i well remember your creek as being particularly lovely. Perhaps you have forgotten it?:oops: I wouldn't mind seeing another photo :)

I was settled in before i ever saw this place, we were made for each other. There are odd little things, like a copper kitchen sink rectangular and deep, also an owl hand carved of parota wood (11 inches tall) fixed to the staircase newel post.

:unsure: The creek? I don't have any recent pics, and it's going to be over 90 degrees every day for the next week. (I've been trying not to go outside. :( The humidity is awful.) I'll try to get some new pictures, but no promises.

:joyful: I am SO happy that you found a place that's "just right" for you!!

And I very much hope, @Beverly , that you show us everything that grows, runs around, flies and swims next to you! :D

Beautiful pictures, Larisa! And I will second your hope, there... More postcard pictures, please!! (y) :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Is this unusual for you @MaryMary to have 90 degree weather in June/July?:(

I'll do what i can to photo the fauna and flora @Larisa, i have spotted some iguanas and similar that look interesting, always without camera. Right now we are having an abundance of swallows, swifts, and maybe marlins, but they are so fast. I'd love to get a good photo of some pygmy owls or big ones.

Too bad it was dark at 10:30pm last night or i would have tried to photo our 6 magnitude earthquake centered off the coast In the Pacific. A shaker but not a damager, as far as i know.:eek:

Ask a Question