Mottisfont Abbey and its rose garden

IMG_20180606_154900_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180606_151230_hdr.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Becky, yes a couple of weeks ago. We live fairly near so go there a lot. We don't necessarily go into the house each time but just have a picnic in the gorgeous gardens/ park lands . So love it there!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius I know you are surrounded by many trees, do they shut out a lot of sunlight? The Hosta looks healthy, no slugs around I would think. :)
Some areas greater shade, some intense sun as the sun moves etc. those hosta in that picture above will not be entirely happy in August as there is a good 4 hours of intense sun on that area. We did have 8 trees taken out 3 summers ago, two of which were right at the front. Letting more sun in. Yep, no slugs. No dear to eat hostas also.
Thanks for asking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am on this one side forum on facebook, they are hosta crazy. To me a hosta is first a filler plant and a plant to help center stage another plant, and lastly one that goes where no other will go, and an easy plant. Can't say that to them, they'd be outraged. LOL. With all that said, I did buy two mini hosta's they will be used as hidden surprises in one of my gardens, a small delight, just have not figured where yet. for now they are sitting nicely in my garden room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I equally love the northeast view from the balcony, the vegetation goes on for days and the sun risings over the Sierra Madre Mountains are more colorful than the sunsets have been. From this balcony i can see the main boulevard and the many commercial centers, cinemas, etc. which are only 10 minutes away, all down hill and traffic noises are muffled. Also, in the city is a major port, not tarted up for tourist consumption, down, gritty, tough, hard working. The freighters, container ships, etc are all in my sight line coming and going but the port itself is not.
P1030138.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
marlingardener, I would happily look at anything that looks like "Texas, not Ohio!!" :D (y) (I would thoroughly enjoy giving treats to the ladies, and cuddling the kittens!! :love: )

Oh, Beverly!! Your pictures look like postcards!! :joyful: Wow! Are you all done with the moving? Got unpacked and settled in?

Ask a Question