What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
the Latest projects in the garden are the..... Rockery & Pretend Penny-farthing made out of old scrap. I found the large rocks in a garden where they where no longer wanted. the couple in the house wanted them gone and where only asking 40 pounds for the lot of nine vary large rocks. Nearly broke my back getting them & job is only half done....as I still need to shift soil about and I'm in to rush to that hard graft project lol......was not easy picking up the guitar that night lol after getting fingers stuck under rocks:eek:......The Bike is made from old scrap A good friend has been making it the big wheel was made by just bending the steel round a tree :)...so he says!... again its not finished yet a little welding to do and paint and looking for some rubber for the front wheel(y)....Its just got to look Cartoony as I don't intend riding it lol
P1030839.JPG
P1030837.JPG
P1030840.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Prepared for planting 150 box hedge pots tomorrow :eek:. Everything is all set an ready for planting, but after sorting out everything else outside, they can wait another day :D.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Gave my standards a haircut, totally out of control but now looking their daper selves again. And cut back my penstemons, the ones with the bell shaped flowers. I googled and it said cut back to 6"or about 15cm. Seemed a bit drastic but once i started cutting there was no stopping me. I didn't clean up aftsr myself though as I had a commitment to meet. Don't like that bit so much:confused:. Will face it in the morning. Funny how I seem to have more energy in the morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This is a great thread and this is the first time i've looked at it. Some how i thought it would be boring but it certainly is not with this group of gardeners. I will see what i can do to participate, but don't expect a Penny Farthing bike out of me. Maybe i'll just read so i don't bore myself into oblivion, i think i will get some good ideas:D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice thread JB :)
Envious of your compost zigs......looks excellent and motivated me to have another heap.
Planted out more lettuce, salvias and potted up a parcel delivery of heleniums. A glorious sunny day, yet again. ;) Put in supports for tomato plants. Moved a hellebore. The last of the wallflowers now pulled out to enable a few more tender plants. Potted on those dahlias not planted out yet as well as potting on more agastaches. Divided liatris to make 3 good size clumps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had rain last night and this morning (y) so I put my mac on and planted out some Panicum Northwind and Squaw, Persicaria polymorpha by the copper beech, and Erigeron karvinskianus on the wall (hoping it self seeds all over the place)
Everything smells good after the rain :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I planted the big white veronicastrum - hoping that will be good too verdun, it seems to be shooting away now, but it`s the first time I`ve grown it, so I hope that also proves to be a hit. :unsure:

Ask a Question