What did you do in your garden today?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They can't be in competition for the same food supply, sounds like the white ants are mushroom farmers and the red ants are livestock farmers :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
White ants should be easy prey for red ants, White ants don't bite but red ants made me take antihistamine tablets to ease the itchiness.:mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Tidied up the asparagus bed some, and did a little weeding. Getting lots of asparagus spears coming up! Yum!
And my faithful little rhododendron bush is always the first thing to flower. :)
IMG_20170423_125019.jpg
IMG_20170423_125041.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Doing this just to annoy the hell out of someone :whistle:
DSCI0003 (17).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
5 water butts almost running dry of water, we desperately need some rain too. Huge black skies at times today, but they just sailed on by.

Divided up lots of sprigs of Bacopa and planted them out in baskets, tubs and in the borders.....love the way it provides ground cover and weaves in and out of the other plants.

Watered and checked over all the overwintered Geraniums in readiness for planting out in a few weeks time.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We had heavy rain last night and the garden flooded. The area has always been prone to flooding, which isn't a problem, except that I just put wood chips down last week and many floated out into the yard and neighbor's ditch. (n)

So, to help minimize that in the future, I starting digging a small ditch through the garden. The flow of water already showed me the path to dig, so that was helpful. Part of the garden is pretty low, so I'm sure it'll flood no matter what, but hopefully this helps things out a little.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ive been constucting a cumber wall from some scrap I had laying around. Also got my plants in my garden. I have a 10ft×10ft raised gardend bed mad from railroad ties. Started lettuce from seeds,sweet italian red peppers,green peppers, and tomatoes. I also have two gala apple trees i have started from seeds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Picked lettuce--a gallon bag after washing and giving the rejects to the hens. We also harvested about 1/3 of our onions and hung them in the barn to dry (between the hens' coops and the onions, we have a very fragrant barn. Just wait until the garlic gets hung to dry!)
I planted a long row of cucumbers, and six hills of squash. We don't need either, but the local food pantry can take all the extras we grow.
Looks like we'll be digging potatoes next week. I love digging potatoes--it's like a huge treasure hunt!

Ask a Question