What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops! Deer! I saw it. A most handsome one with the horns. I nearly wanted to stop the car to take some pics with some. Now I saw it, dear!

Can you leave it with some food? Lovely animal!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love what this detectorist has found

4EBD419200000578-6018423-An_amateur_metal_detectorist_has_unearthed_a_1_800_year_old_gold-m-1_1533200262393.jpg

The artistry and workmanship are stunning. Don't forget the video as it shows off all sides of the ring. Simply fantastic. Link here please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That reminds me of people losing their class ring on adventuresome outings when I was in highschool. We found a few using a metal detector just like that fellow did.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello alp, hope you had a wonderful time on your trip. Oh no, I won't feed the deer, the hill and creek is one street over and they can eat over there, NOT in my yard and my plants. lol I've been in this house since leaving the farm in 1991 and this was the first time I had a deer in my yard.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @johnny canoe ! Long drives, but some places were really very nice. But the RHS Tatton shows have definitely removed some lovely areas, which is a shame. Son has never been there, so we paid for £7 parking. Normally, we don't pay for parking, but the Council have had an eye on the goose which lays the gold egg! Yes, I heard that deer can damage plants. Probably not a good idea to entice them into your yard. I didn't see anything in the first place and must have clicked away and saw some other videos as I remembered the bison. Saw a dead badger on the road during the trip. So nice when the weather was fine in the north. I got the most expansive panoramic views near the RHS flagship in the north - Harlow Carr!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That reminds me of people losing their class ring on adventuresome outings when I was in highschool. We found a few using a metal detector just like that fellow did.

As the UK is a country with a lot of history, we hear stories about the most amazing gold hoards from time to time. The artistry and beauty of this ring are just amazing.

Ask a Question