What are the most common wild flowers and weeds where you live?

Reaction score
Clovers, ragweed, and dandelions grow here easily. I'm not too sure of any other names.

Reaction score
Lots and lots of daisies, clovers and dandelions are the most common. Ivy is quite a common one in our forest, and it looks really lovely. Although I heard once that Ivy is actually choking the life out of the trees they grow on. Is that true, or was I misinformed?

There's also a lot of bluebells in our forest for some reason. I know they're not exactly wild flowers, but we didn't plant them, they just seem to have appeared there by themselves, and continue to florish. Oh, and buttercups by the bussel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The most common wild flowers in my area are the fleabane and aster! It grow everywhere by the water, by the road side, in the rocky area. I actually love them and for weed, we have clover flowers and dandelions
A Welcome Sight.JPG
Checkered Skipper.JPG
! Lots and lots all over the lawn!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I love Daylilies! They're gorgeous and I like their intense color. It looks so cheerful. They grow here too, but unfortunately they aren't too common. I planted some in my garden:)
Hi Claudine, Sorry I never got back to this post. I love daylilies too and thought I would share a few photos I took last season. The do come in the most gorgeous colors . Some of these were in one of the riverfront parks but the orange one I found in a ditch. So pretty :)
Pink Daylily.JPG

Pink & Yellow Daylily.JPG

Colored Tulip, B&W Background.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing these pictures, Blueeyes. I especially like the first one, because it looks magical:) I hope spring will come quickly. I miss seeing flowers in my parents' garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In Washington we have lots of daisies, buttercups, dandelions, ferns, nettles, evergreen trees, and just about everything in between. You name it, and it is not of tropical species, we probably have it here. It is one of my favorite things about this area, lots of vegetation.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Wildflowers, probably the showy primrose, tropical sage (not tropical, and not a sage, but bees love it!), and Indian Paintbrush.
Weeds, we have a few;). Henbit, thistle, and Maximilian Sunflower . The sunflower is technically a wildflower but it invades areas and takes over, which is also the technical definition of a weed. Don't get me started on cacti . . . .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
WA also has a huge variety of starflowers. This region has daisies, wild violets and invasive lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Not a lot of wild flowers where I live, but thinking real hard sweet pea comes to mind. It's seen growing around many drainage ditches here. the most common weed is crab grass, followed by the dandelion. Oh I almost forgot Purslane; How could I forget the most evil weed in my gardens!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Well, funnily one thing that grows well in the wild here are hydrangeas - there are random bushes just by roadsides and everything. Come June I'll need to take some pictures to show you all what I mean - it's just beautiful in my opinion! I love hydrangeas so I was a little blown away when I just saw them growing so freely and prolifically!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have lived my whole life in the highlands of the Philippines, and every summer, there are THOUSANDS of sunflowers here. You can see them even on the other side of the mountain. It was a very good memory to have growing up. I kinda miss it now :(

Reaction score
Most common wildflowers are dandelions or the worst weeds are the wild horse-radish one. We only managed to week them out from our garden after several years. They fertilize the ground and keep growing out everywhere, almost impossible to get rid of them.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We have lots of sunflowers here, especially during the summers. They actually even hold flower festivals based on these sunflowers in my city, because there's really soooo much that you can pluck them and put them in floats and parades without removing a lot of the flowers everywhere here. It's an amazing site when the mountain is literally dotted with yellow flowers on all sides.

Ask a Question