What are the easiest flowers to grow?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey

Ok I'm not very good yet at gardening. I make some things die but I dunno why :(

I joined here coz no one I know likes gardening. And my mom made me do some gardening for her and I thought it would be boring but I found it really really relaxing

So I want to plant some nice flowers but ones that I won't kill easy

I'm near San Francisco and I can buy some good soil if they need it

Lauren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We all had to start somewhere Laurenn, and when it comes to gardening we never stop learning, there is always something new to find out.
Can you upload some photos of the garden you have to fill so we can get some idea of where you are working?
One of the easiest flowers I can think of is the nasturtium - but there are lots more. It is important to grow stuff that likes the soil where you are, and one trick is to look in other gardens near you to see what is growing well.
Most gardeners are happy to talk to anyone about their plants, and making friends with gardening neighbours can be a really good idea - they will give more local and practical help than anyone.
I'm quite sure that you'll get plenty of help too from the good folk on this forum (y)
1564210897635.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok awesome thanks. I'll get some pics when its daylight

And I'm looking up that flower now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a little late in the year to start growing annuals from seed now and I'm not aware of the climate where you live. Autumn/Fall starts here in Britain in late August/September, is it the same in your area? Seed for annual plants ( those that live and die for one year) would be wasted as the plants will die when colder weather sets in.

Ask a Question