Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks marlingardener. You are so right about weather forecasters; I'm sure ours would get it wrong if they were actually standing outside in a cloudburst. :( They do say there are only two types of people; those living in Yorkshire and those wishing to live in Yorkshire; I'm Yorkshire born and bred from a very long Yorkshire family. Yorkshire (the largest county in England) is an absolutely beautiful place to live in spite of the dire weather and although I'll constantly bemoan our weather I'll never bemoan my birthplace. During our two day long summer Yorkshire is heaven on earth; the rolling hills; the smell of lush countryside; a gentle breeze coming up our valley; birds dawn chorus; squirrels playing in the garden; it's just the other 363 days each year with weather spoiling it. I've never been abroad and never want to; I love our bit of Yorkshire and neither Bron nor I feel the need to run away from it. :)

Blackie as usual is here and everything outside is soaking wet; our neighbours cat Max arrived at 6 o'clock this morning covered in sparkling diamonds so Bron dried him off with a towel then we both made a fuss of him; our neighbour is in Spain on holiday so every time we open our door a furry missile flies in; we love him though and he's most welcome.

Thanks alp; Bron never hangs washing out to dry but uses our tumble drier the year round; on the few days washing could be hung out birds do bombing runs from all our trees they also bomb the car especially after I've spent a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it; we spend a fortune on feeding the wildlife and this is the thanks we receive.

There is so much wrong in the UK these days as you refer to alp; footballers now paid £millions for kicking a ball around and if they actually score a goal they pull their shirt over their head; you couldn't pay me to watch football or any so called sport; people live in dumps whilst spending to make these sports personalities rich; our money is for our benefit not theirs. We don't touch alcohol either; most of our local pubs have now closed but we used to see the pubs being refurbished and wondered who actually paid for the work? I don't want to open a political debate because it would be wrong of me but so much does stink in the UK these days and it's getting worse. The UK in general though still has much in its favour; Bron and I have our own little bit of Yorkshire fully paid for through hard graft and we'll be happy to hang on to it. (y)

It's taken ages to type this post because of our little guest wanting lots of TLC and to make typing rather more difficult he jumped onto my lap as seen in the picture below; I'm pretty sure Max can also email because he is forever walking across our neighbours keyboard. :unsure:

Two new security cameras and an outside waterproof double 13A socket arrived yesterday but I'm undecided whether I really do need watering again?

Kind regards, Colin.

Max oct2017_001.JPG
Max oct2017_002.JPG
Max oct2017_003.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bron never hangs washing out to dry but uses our tumble drier the year round; on the few days washing could be hung out birds do bombing runs from all our trees they also bomb the car especially after I've spent a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it; we spend a fortune on feeding the wildlife and this is the thanks we receive.

LOL! Now I understand why late mother-in-law tumbled dried her clothes now.

That's a lovely cat.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp. Would you please consider adopting Blackie permanently; please; please take him from me. "Why does it always rain on me" is my perfect theme tune. I've just quit being rained off again whilst trying to work outside; I'm fed up of constantly changing my shoes each time I go out. It's warmer today than it's been many days during our joke of a summer; If only Blackie would let me alone. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very mild 15 to 18 and sunshine is expected late in the day. I am down to my last 3 butts. A bit panicky and hope Blackie will come and help, @Colin I know the feeling - it's utterly depressing to have so much rain and overcast skies..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp. Our patio is almost dry; will it dry before Blackie arrives again; the forecast is for "mostly dry" so I'm expecting a monsoon shortly? What's really depressing is that BST (British Summer Time) ends this Sunday; I must have been busy when summer came and went perhaps I sneezed? :(

The forecast for the next ten days predicts dry weather; I can dream. It's dark and very gloomy as I type but not raining.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin we're going to have some warmth, but where you live might not get it. When you're busy, you don't really know. We live in the UK and rain is a consistent companion! LOL!

Have a nice day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin we're going to have some warmth, but where you live might not get it. When you're busy, you don't really know. We live in the UK and rain is a consistent companion! LOL!

Have a nice day!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks alp for your good wishes. We've got an high of 13C today but the prevailing breeze gives a chill factor; I've just been installing a new security camera to the bungalow front and have come indoors feeling chilled; I must be getting soft. ;)

It's not raining though and the sun is shining; I'm thinking of throwing a street party. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It has been a glorious warm day. Indian summer. We sunned ourselves in a park and went on the exercise equipment for a while. Beautiful warm day.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It turned into a lovely afternoon so I took Bron over to M&S in Pudsey for some well deserved retail therapy. On the way home I was actually wearing my sunglasses with the sun visor lowered in the car; I thought I'd missed summer this year so this must have been it? :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan. Yes Max is a lovely cat and very sociable; he was round here at 6 o'clock this morning talking to me and is currently receiving lots of TLC on Bron's lap brumming like an outboard motor. :)

A band of rain today from Liverpool across to Hull and guess who's bang in the middle? Logan & Alp I'm afraid you're in for a dry day unless I can persuade Blackie to venture south.

"Today
A generally cloudy and cool day for much of the region with outbreaks of rain and light winds. Any longer drier spells are most likely in the north, where cloud may break to give some warmer sunny spells."

Why do I even bother looking at the forecast because it seldom changes. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been raining most of the day. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry and bright. Glad that there will be some sun for my wet clothes on the washing lines.

Ask a Question