Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops: The sun is fully out and blue all around. Well, it cheers me a bit. Yesterday, I thought someone important was dying at 3pm..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp; if I moved down to Essex then Blackie and Gale would accompany me and then Essex would become just another Yorkshire. :( I love Yorkshire because it got such a lot going for it like no water shortage.

I have an email friend who lives in Southend on Sea and whilst he's out on the water I'm usually here under the water.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish you had that power to command Blackie and Gale to Essex. I don't mind Blackie, but not Gale as I hope my garage roof stays as long as I live here! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if Brian has been as Yorkshireman cuts off the phone line signal .. and the internet has been intermittent. I kept having to do screen grab

u4.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Oh dear alp; not the best start to your day; good job Blackie and Gale aren't with you as well. :(

At the moment it's not raining here but quite windy; I'm about to wander up the mountain to attack yet another stump so Blackie is sure to join me; our garden is so steep that even after so much rain when I was digging yesterday only the top inch or so was wet the rest was dusty; I reckon we must have well drained soil. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Today
    Initially dry and bright, but blustery showers soon spreading from the west, frequent across the Pennines, more scattered further east. A more organised spell of rain likely later, heavy in places. Very windy, with gales becoming widespread across the hills.

• Tonight
    Continuing very windy with organised bands of heavy showers at first, these becoming more broken overnight with some clearer periods developing in places.
Oh yes we live so near to The Pennines this forecast could be the same every day of the year. :(

I've just come down for a brew and a bun after an hours hard graft stump busting; two hours now spent on this stump and lots of heavy roots severed but the stump remains rock solid; I think the tree was a Rowan which I felled a few years ago but it won't give up and put on a lot more growth so this time the stump is also coming out; I could rename Queen's song "Another one bites the dust" to "Another stump bites the dust" I'm becoming an expert at digging stumps up having had so much practice and when this Rowan is removed there are other stumps to remove.

It was quite pleasant though digging with my big waterproof/windproof jacket on pretty well shielded by trees and bushes from Gale's blast and as yet Blackie hasn't joined in so now I'm fully charged again time to get off my backside and stop being so lazy. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; yes I do have the occasional lazy moment but after a morning stump busting I reckon I've had enough hard grafting for one day; I might potter around in the workshop after dinner though.

Yesterday I spent an hour or so making a start on the big Rowan stump; I'm now tired out; the stump is out and for good measure whilst I had the tools out I've also dug up a laurel stump; I had to remove lighter Snowberry stumps to gain access to the Rowan but job done at last; just the holes to fill in but I don't have energy left. Carrying the long heavy crowbar up the mountain gives me a good workout before even trying to use it. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

IMAG0030.JPG
IMAG0033.JPG
IMAG0034.JPG
IMAG0036.JPG
IMAG0039.JPG

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please don't feel the need to send the gale north Logan; i won't be offended in the least. (y) :);)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question