Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Cold; wet; windy and a black hole. Just a normal day as usual.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We are grey and mild here. Can't get the weather report page to load.. So mild probably 16c.

11 to 15c.

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just returned from the supermarkets with my constant companion Blackie ensuring I didn't kick up any dust; 11C at the moment; wet; dark and the usual black hole. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You could move nearer to Logan alp; then you could have splashes from Blackie without the full deluge we enjoy further north. It actually turned out OK today after such a bad start. ;)(y)

It might sound as though I'm joking about our dire weather; here's tomorrow's forecast for more doom and gloom;

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Tuesday
    Cloudy start, with outbreaks of rain spreading from the west. Some brighter intervals are likely during the afternoon, before further rain, locally heavy, arrives from the west during the evening.
£millions are spent on weather forecasting; I can forecast ours for free and not be far off? :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
£millions are spent on weather forecasting; I can forecast ours for free and not be far off?

Colin, I sympathize. We were listening to the "weather forecast" on the news last night, and my husband asked if these forecasters ever went outside. We had temps in the low 60's, clear skies, and a very light breeze, and the "forecaster" was saying we had temps in the high 70's, a strong wind, and the sky was overcast!
We watch the weather forecast on the local TV stations more for entertainment than for information. Perhaps your forecast will be as accurate as ours, and you day will turn out to be sunny and dry ( I hope!).

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very mild here 15 to 18c with occasional showers .. AND my washing machine is nearly finished spinning and drying. . :eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with @Colin ! On the top of their salary, the Met Office get £1m bonus for ruining businesses and people's daily routine. They predicted BBQ and all the shops and venues stock them up, only to be rained off.. Do the nurses get bonuses? Teachers? All these archaic reward systems should be done away with.

Ask a Question