Weather

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Warm (in the 80's) and sunny today. Rain is predicted for this evening, so I went out and cut back most of the tomatoes for the fall crop. The kitten "helped" me, so it took longer than expected.
Alp, the flood waters are slowly draining in coastal Texas, leaving behind a soup of sewage, fuel, and other nasty stuff. Those who can get to their homes and start clean-up are advised to wear masks. The urgent need now is not food, but cleaning supplies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Warm (in the 80's) and sunny today. Rain is predicted for this evening, so I went out and cut back most of the tomatoes for the fall crop. The kitten "helped" me, so it took longer than expected.
Alp, the flood waters are slowly draining in coastal Texas, leaving behind a soup of sewage, fuel, and other nasty stuff. Those who can get to their homes and start clean-up are advised to wear masks. The urgent need now is not food, but cleaning supplies.

Thank you so much for the update, @marlingardener ! That's the horrible thing when there is flood. Sewage floating around in amongst furniture .. Not nice .. and Irma is even more vicious. Hope it doesn't hit Texas ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all. Set to be a fine but mild day 13 to 18c .. but with sunshine today! Hurrah!

A perfect day to sort out my hellebores and lawn .. Have a nice day!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp morning and to all. Cloudy and mild. Supposed to be dry today. Might do the border or some weeding. Got a lot of grass to get out of another border.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dull, damp and danky .. In an hour's time, I will go out to finish the lawn. Not looking forward to it. But at least, it's not cold or raining.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Overcast with a good chance of rain..not too cold...but then again I'm used to it as the War Department always has the windows open all year round....so inside is just a few degrees warmer than outside hahahahaha

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Overcast with a good chance of rain..not too cold...but then again I'm used to it as the War Department always has the windows open all year round....so inside is just a few degrees warmer than outside hahahahaha

Even in winter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Even in winter?
In a word YES!....on the vents at night but if its a good day cold but no rain or snow they are wide to the gills..They hardly ever shut only of no one is at home, plus side we hardly ever get colds or flu :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My son used to have a cough and a cold every year he went to uni. The concerts were really always the causes of cough and colds.. Hopefully, this year, it won't be so bad as there will be no more uni.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to @Logan et al

Very mild and pleasant 14 to19c overcast, but without the chill factor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mother Nature must be in a bad mood again ........nuff said

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Son was showing me the 3 hurricanes after Harvey .. Nature is in a vile and violent mood!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly dry day, apart from a bit of rain lunch time. 19C ideal for gardening. I wish I had finished that border, but no. Son used the lawnmower to shred all the bits and bobs and he actually quite enjoyed it. Tomorrow is supposed to rain all day. Give our legs a bit of a rest and when the weather is good, will complete that border.

Ask a Question