Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp i tried that the other day and got a quarter inch of rain.:eek::D:ROFLMAO:
:D:D:D

I have about 6 containers .. Very pleased, but would be happier still if I had the two butts full. Usually rains just don't reach us.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, First day of Autumn.@alp it's a Shame about you not getting any rain. What happens in the winter?.

Winter I never water. I know I'm a lousy mother! In summer, I use metered water when I am desperate.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Saw a rubbish bin for £5.99 at Home Bargain.. So tempted to buy it. It's a bit cold now but earlier it was hot and humid. Trying to label all my streptocarpus without success. They never look the same as those named in any catalogues. In the end, we had to use Pink upper, webbed lower with 2 white stripes.. How pathetic is that?!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, and to you, @Logan

We had lightning and rain last year at about 9.30pm and the weather report predicted that at 21.00, so not bad. But it was a flash, I reckoned 3 inches of rain and that's it. But the ground is wet. Mild here 13 to 21c.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Our second day of morning frost. I guess the garden is done for now, time to put it all to bed until next year:(.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We woke up to 71 degrees, and have kept under 90 degrees for the day. Whoopee!
We are prepping a few small beds for fall/winter vegetables, and hoping for gentle and frequent rains.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Our second day of morning frost. I guess the garden is done for now, time to put it all to bed until next year:(.

I am taking cuttings to prevent loss as some of the salvias I have bought could be tender.

Get your fleece on standby, @Tjohn

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We woke up to 71 degrees, and have kept under 90 degrees for the day. Whoopee!
We are prepping a few small beds for fall/winter vegetables, and hoping for gentle and frequent rains.

90F is quite hot for me! Pray for rain for you too. Nothing better than a bit of rain before and after sowing seeds!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's going to be cloudy and cool today 13 to 19c. Shame I didn't sow my Tithonia seeds. The orange is just out of this world. 2nd year round I have forgotten to sow seeds.:eek::cry: As @Tjohn said, gardening is more or less over for the year. Haven't done any layering. I need to keep a nursery bed constantly wet and take some cuttings to see if they take...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, very late! Monty was showing off his tithonia and he appreciates it just as I do - a very stunning orange. I think I need a seed calendar. It was awfully bright earlier. I actually went back to bed after my last post as I was feeling very tired. Just got up and had a lovely cup of tea. Sainsburys tea for me. Bad news is that I am drinking tea rather than the healthier version i.e. water!

Ask a Question