Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Today is the 9th straight day with over 100F and zero rain with the forecast of the next 6 days the same except a degree or two hotter.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Chuck I want to weep with you.. If I lived in India, I would emigrate .. Brutal heat ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
I prefer this kind of weather to hot days .. 28C is far too hot for me.
I may never understand this, but I think it is related to adaptation. As people who are from warm zones feels cold faster, and people who are from cold zones have higher tolerances for low temperatures.

For example, I cannot stay comfortable under 15°C while people from colder regions feel perfectly comfortable with that. And I stay comfortable under 28°C and you say it is too hot.

Today is the 9th straight day with over 100F and zero rain with the forecast of the next 6 days the same except a degree or two hotter.
That is not comfortable for me. Hot day.

splinx, are you getting thunderstorms tomorrow, too?? :cautious: :LOL:
Haha, no. It is like we are not so far with so similar weather.

Thunderstorms are not common for my region at this time of the year, it is common in Summer.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I may never understand this, but I think it is related to adaptation. As people who are from warm zones feels cold faster, and people who are from cold zones have higher tolerances for low temperatures.

It's all about acclimatizing yourself to the new norm, which happens pretty quickly, really! (y)

You may enjoy this article:
http://www.coolantarctica.com/Antarctica fact file/science/cold_acclimation_human.php

I had to read it after I read this bit.

Please note that I am not a doctor and despite this being written down and on the internet, it is probably not universally true. So if you do something extreme to harden yourself up and send me an email complaining of how dead you are as a result I'm afraid I won't be able to help any further.

:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
starting to clear up. but overcast mostly - could be showery!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Got a few snaps

Beautiful sweet peas - the photos do not do justice to its wonderful colour
SAM_0489.JPG
SAM_0490.JPG

My goldstrum is still teasing me
SAM_0497.JPG

They think it's Christmas - a very confused helleborus
SAM_0496.JPG

SAM_0494.JPG

clematis tangutica begging me to take a photo of them .. so cute

SAM_0493.JPG

SAM_0492.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, @Logan and all other weather watchers .. made a mistake and posted my photos here ... Sorry!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
just love those confiers .. Wish I had one or two. Air pollution again! :eek:

The government is now pushing hard for electric cars and I can't fault them. One diesel car drove by and I could smell the terrible stench .. but now people are asking how we are going to charge 9m cars???:eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Of course this is natural air pollution, wildfires started by lightning strikes. Back in the day the grasslands here would always be catching fire in the hot summers from the lightning strikes. That is how the name Blackfoot was given to the Siksika people, from their feet being blackened walking over the ashes of the prairie fires.

However we are a city of over a million people so there is the man made pollution of course as in every populated centre.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
just love those confiers .. Wish I had one or two. Air pollution again! :eek:

The government is now pushing hard for electric cars and I can't fault them. One diesel car drove by and I could smell the terrible stench .. but now people are asking how we are going to charge 9m cars???:eek::eek:
When everybody has a electric car, there won't be enough electricity to go around for everything.:eek::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This is it! Where are we going to get all the electricity? I don't really like nuclear option.

@johnny canoe Crikey, these burnings must be quite common to have people called blackfoot .. I have a week of good air! I'm dreading the end of it.

Air is so important. When the air was bad, I would stand next to my yew tree and inhale and exhale deeply facing the other neighbour's garden.

Ask a Question