Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Colin, how are you?Yes it's cheaper to buy online. We get ours from reallywildbirdfood.co.uk They grow their own seed and s lot of the other things,so it's cheaper.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for asking Logan. :) I'm on top of the world; fully retired with not enough hours in a day working flat out all the time just the right side of panic. My current project is to make a new front entrance to our bungalow creating a porch and it's coming along nicely; below is a recent picture and I'm just making the glazing beads which is time consuming; my bandsaw blade has just died on me so I've been replacing it; after dinner I'll resume hostilities in the workshop. The framework is 8' x 5' and it's too tall to stand upright in the workshop; I'll clamp a wheel to a bottom corner allowing me to bring it up to the bungalow. Doing this work myself we save a fortune and it's work I enjoy; I'm trying to get this frame installed before my constant pet cloud Blackie returns with his wayward sister Gale?. :D It smells wonderful in the workshop.

We used to buy our peanuts from Home Bargains but they ran out of stock for a week so I decided to look online and found we could make huge savings whilst having the peanuts delivered to our door; you too have sussed this out so good on you. (y)

I hope your day is going well.

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00921.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Colin that looks really good. It's great that you enjoy doing it. Hubby can do carpentry, he fixed the bird table. Yes I used to buy bird food from CJ bird and wildlife but it was getting expensive. £50. For 20kg bag of seed. I asked hubby if he could find anywhere cheaper.

Did some jam tarts this morning and this afternoon potted on my wallflowers.

I go every Saturday now to see keith, it gives me a break from thinking about gardening all the time and company for keith for 2 1/2 hours.
Have a good evening
Logan.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan. It pays to shop around and these days of computers it doesn't take long to track down best prices. A few days ago I emailed a seller of a planer/thicknesser on Gumtree; I have the cash and I'd have bought it but for some reason no reply to date so I'll now give it a miss; if a seller posts something for sale I would think they wanted to sell it or withdraw the item if its already sold? Usually I do very well through Gumtree but just the odd one tends to spoil it.

You must be the queen of hearts baking jam tarts; good job they aren't here because they would be an endangered species. :D

A change is as good as a rest Logan; gardening can become an obsession as can any hobby; I like a change; I can go mad in the garden for a few days then switch to woodturning or a project like the new entrance; once I start one of these projects though I never quit until its finished. This afternoon I clamped a single wheel to the bottom corner allowing me to wheel the frame up to the bungalow front; by the time I had done this I was wet through with sweat; it's now wedged in position and tomorrow I'll secure it with Thunderbolts;

https://www.fastco.co.uk/thunderbol...MYCViZvCrtglfs9-vNosvoSeyvBRY1gRoCc18QAvD_BwE

Wishing you a good evening too; enjoy your tarts and don't get too sunburnt. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
W
Yes can't have the windows open first thing because of the wasps.
but it's all change from tomorrow, cooler.
We don't have wasps here. And thank heavens the air has been clean for the week! Thank HEAVENS .. and I opened the window. But the 6am heat was still there. Hopefully, it's cooler tomorrow. Don't expect much rain though.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Typical of my bad luck; many weeks ago Bron and I bought hundreds of plants and bulbs then we had the hottest driest summer for about 40 years killing a number of these plants. Today I've been working on our new front entrance; the frameworks is now installed and having given the frame its second coat of Zinsser Cover stain this afternoon my chum Blackie had the decency to wait until I had laid on the last brushful of paint before giving it a soaking; Gale's been with me all day throwing dust in my face and trying to blow me over even blowing paint from the brush but I refused to quit. I've often said if I tried to shoot myself I'd miss. Just a normal day in retirement for me only grafting for over 11 hours today apart from time off for dinner; still I'd much rather have too much to do than nothing at all. :)

Time now to settle down for some quality time watching a YouTube movie with Bron before bedtime. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, light cloud and light wind temp. 14 to 19c
Sunrise was 6.03
Sunset 20.17

Had a bit of rain at 5am, but that's it until tomorrow.
Have a good day all

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's just been pouring with rain which I knew it would having started to work on the bungalow exterior; I think I'll hire myself out into drought areas taking along my paint and paint brush; as soon as I start to paint outside both Blackie my personal big black cloud and his sister Gale really do enjoy my company. :mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question