alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-4-14_7-49-56.png

Wow! Hang on! Global blobs! Heavens are here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I was shovelling snow all yesterday morning, slowly being careful about my sore hands and shoulder, afternoon was warm enough to leave the Green House door open. Today will be warm and sunny. I want to get down to the river by 8am and home by 11am. By 11am the sun is beating down on the GH and I have to get the vents and door opened.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck johnny; I hope the weather improves soon for you; it has here and I think I could get used to feeling warm without wearing my heavy clothes; it feels really strange; warm sunshine and so far Blackie has taken a hike today; I hope he forgets his way back home. (y):)

Oh dear I've just checked tomorrows forecast; light rain and breezy; I knew it was just too good to expect two dry days together. :mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I was shovelling snow all yesterday morning, slowly being careful about my sore hands and shoulder, afternoon was warm enough to leave the Green House door open. Today will be warm and sunny. I want to get down to the river by 8am and home by 11am. By 11am the sun is beating down on the GH and I have to get the vents and door opened.

Oh, dear! They are still sore! You should really get that idiot's details. He shouldn't get away with impunity.

Yes, once the sun is out, the greenhouse is like a dry oven. Not good for plants. When we came back yesterday, son had the good sense to remember to check out on the plastic greenhouse. I was so pleased that he even remembered to sort them out. I was so busy potting up newbies that I forgot all about them.

Today, there is no such worry

upload_2018-4-15_6-51-2.png

Another miserable day. Thank heavens that there will be rain. Hopefully, stay in and save ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We had another "winter advisory" yesterday ...rain turned into snow and iced over, so hubby and I had to postpone putting the greenhouse up, for the fifth weekend in the row...when is this cold front gonna stop?
smdunno.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We had another "winter advisory" yesterday ...rain turned into snow and iced over, so hubby and I had to postpone putting the greenhouse up, for the fifth weekend in the row...when is this cold front gonna stop? View attachment 35075

It's frustrating. I hope your greenhouse has tons of openables as when it is hot, it's murder! That's why I am not keen on a greenhouse, but wouldn't mind a polytunnel.

Yes, very little you can do but sit tight and weather the extreme elements. Today, we are going to a park to feast our eyes on rhodos, azaleas and camellias. Hopefully, my Manchurian Duck will be there. I will be following them around like an idiot! Just love this creature of nature!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's frustrating. I hope your greenhouse has tons of openables as when it is hot, it's murder! That's why I am not keen on a greenhouse, but wouldn't mind a polytunnel. !
My greenhouse is a temporary structure we put up on the deck, usually goes up in March and we take it down at the end of May, that way by the time we can finally plant in the ground, plants are already blooming...and yes it has plenty of ventilation all around
IMG-20171012-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20170414-WA0006 (1).jpeg
IMG-20160522-WA0010.jpeg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, Gemma: Everything inside your greenhouse is gorgeous. Who is that shy little heartbreaker? Love your labelling system and your lovely dogs.. So nice to have you here with us on the forum! Welcome again and again!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh, Gemma: Everything inside your greenhouse is gorgeous. Who is that shy little heartbreaker? Love your labelling system and your lovely dogs.. So nice to have you here with us on the forum! Welcome again and again!
Aww thank you!
smhug.gif
I love to be here, I just wish I had more time to post, and actually get to know the group.
I make my labels out of laminated paper tags, stapled onto straws:D
That lil guy is a friend's kid

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't be without my greenhouse and cold frames, hate having seed trays in the house, and the light levels are rarely good enough.

Greenhouses are easy enough to ventilate @alp , especially if you have the two door type...which I haven't!.:(

I have automatic openers on my windows , so all I have to do is open the door in the morning....OK in the height of summer it's tropical inside at times, but I also having shadings that I can use then...if needed. To be honest though by that time I don't use it much,as all the plants are planted up outside.
Used it more when I grew some veg, and melons...but that was when our brood were still living with us. Now we just focus on all our fruit trees and vines. Tomatoes go in hanging baskets now :D

Well worth investing in one in my humble opinion(y)

Ask a Question