Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yorkshire & Humberside.

Early frost and mist will give way to bright clear blue skies with an high of 32C; Light breeze.

Weather warning issued; UV levels very high putting children and elderly at risk.

I'll enjoy today in the workshop with both doors open wide. (y):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Woke up to snow...I couldn't believe it!
smwhat.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Raining again and it's going to rain the whole day!

upload_2018-4-2_6-41-10.png

A dizzy height of 13c! And by Saturday, 16c!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

32C.!!!!......@colin are you and Bron on holiday ???

Many thanks for asking Upsy Daisy. (y)

The late Eric Morecambe commenting on his terrible piano playing stated " I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order" My weather post was right but not necessarily the right date; 32C was our Yorkshire summer in 1952 when I was five years old; in those days it was so hot during summer the council used to apply sand to the roads because the tarmac was melting and it hurt our feet to walk the pavement being so hot. It never really got dark during the night; now we have global warming? :mad:

We suffer 9 month long winters and 3 months of bad weather here every year; I awoke to Blackie doing his thing this morning; I could hear the rain pounding the bungalow roof before even getting out of bed; I remarked to Bron I was expecting snow because I was to visit the supermarkets first thing. As soon as I looked out of our kitchen window I got my wish; the rain suddenly turned to big flakes of snow; I've done the shopping and the roads are treacherous. Yesterday I posted the weather forecast just to cheer myself up because I'm sick of this constant dire weather; I started the day with a smile on my face after all it was April 1st. We.ve now got about 2" of snow and it's still falling; just another normal day here on the valley side. Am I depressed; not likely; I'm heading into the workshop wearing my heavy clothing as usual. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00430.JPG

6am rain turning to snow.

DSC00431.JPG

7am here it comes.

DSC00433.JPG

9:30am still more snow to come. BRITISH SUMMER TIME. BAAAAAAH.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's not really summer, they just call it that because we change the clocks forward. So we get lighter evenings. It won't be summer until end of may.:)

Ask a Question