View from my kitchen window

Reaction score
What a beautiful view, you are very lucky to be able to see that through your window. All I will be seeing from my window is just an ugly old fence, lol. I'll be living right next to my neighbors... we share the same fence :( No privacy. I envoy those who live in places where there are no neighbors... or at least they are not right next to you and are separated by a big empty space :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok, I see that @Trellum brought this thread back up to the front, so I am just going to comment without fear of name calling from someone here.

The view is gorgeous but I am not ready to see the yellow browning yet. We just begin to have a bit of hot weather this past week, and I am loving it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
View attachment 4024 On cool mornings our pond is warmer than the air, and we get a mist coming off the water. I can stand at my kitchen window and watch the pasture for birds, and see the wind move the grasses. In the distance on the right you can see the neighboring farmhouse.
Looks very magical with the mist, Marlingardener. Must be amazing to see the seasonal changes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Deborahjane, we do enjoy the seasonal changes. They are subtle--we don't have the great fall foliage of the east coast, nor do we have the forests of the midwest.
We do have migratory birds, a gentle change in the foliage of our trees, and the grasses and crops maturing. We get magnificent sunrises and sunsets, and the occasional "cloud race" across the sky. I love to watch the cloud shadows moving across the pasture (but I am easily entertained!).

Reaction score
Ok, I see that @Trellum brought this thread back up to the front, so I am just going to comment without fear of name calling from someone here.

The view is gorgeous but I am not ready to see the yellow browning yet. We just begin to have a bit of hot weather this past week, and I am loving it.

It was worth commenting :ROFLMAO: I loved the view and it is true that ever since I was little I wished to live in a place like that. I'm kinda tired of having neighbors so close to me around. Actually I've always thought it's be so cool to have a house in the middle of a Swedish or Norwegian forest :ROFLMAO::LOL::love:

As for the name calling, don't worry about :) I don't think you will be a victim of that ever again over here (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
These are all beautiful pictures. My kitchen window is usually beautiful during the spring because we have a giant white rhododendron bush that blooms. It really matches the white cabinetry in my kitchen. Unfortunately all the blooms are gone now so it is just a green mess out there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpg
This is my view from the kitchen sink. Varies of course each season but I enjoy it all the time, even when it's cold and miserable. In spring when the Japanese Puwton on the left is in flower it really is pretty nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Beck and Ian. I just did it and it's not upside down. That was taking a photo doing the post. Haven't tried existing one yet. Fingers crossed. Thanks.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad the photos posted ok for you this time @DeborahJane! You've got some lovely garden views there (y) Who is the cute little fluff ball in the last photo?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm glad the photos posted ok for you this time @DeborahJane! You've got some lovely garden views there (y) Who is the cute little fluff ball in the last photo?
That's Fancy Pants or Fancy for short so called because from the back he is so fluffy he looks like he's wearing fancy pants, puss-in-boots style.:LOL: My sons and his wife's cat and really a lovely nature, not the brightest spark as they are only too willing to point out. He'll often be waiting to be let in, looks at the other two going through the cat door saying I'm sure "Goodness look at that" and looks back at you waiting to be let in.:p Both of their cats are rescue cats and are very happy cats.
I'm pleased my photos have come to their senses, too. As I said though I still haven't tried existing photos.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Deborahjane, we do enjoy the seasonal changes. They are subtle--we don't have the great fall foliage of the east coast, nor do we have the forests of the midwest.
We do have migratory birds, a gentle change in the foliage of our trees, and the grasses and crops maturing. We get magnificent sunrises and sunsets, and the occasional "cloud race" across the sky. I love to watch the cloud shadows moving across the pasture (but I am easily entertained!).
I would love to see the cloud-race too Marlingardener. It would be phenomenal. I can imagine sitting with a glass of something watching the cloud shadows. I love clouds and I love shadows. :love:When I tutor drawing I'm often pointing out shadows and say you could do a whole drawing of shadows, forget the object and just concentrate on the shadows. Your pastures sound like canvas to me.(y)

Ask a Question