View from my kitchen window

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
There was a big dog fox investigating the pheasants feed station behind our garden yesterday. Too far away to get a picture. Gamekeeper was out later with his rifle.
We did have a spate of people releasing urban foxes into the area around us. Stupid, the poor things usually starve to death. They have never had to learn to survive without humans providing them with easy pickings. The Gamekeeper has found a fair number of them in dire straits and had to deal with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We get a lot of them in the towns now, one actually sits when its told to and waits for sausages :D No idea how it learned that.
Haha, that's adorable:) That fox is better trained than my dog! He always ignores the sit command, because he doesn't like listening to humans:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Makes me sneeze just looking at this one, i'm allergic to Foxes and Wolves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow! This fox is so friendly and not scared at all! But I'd never dare to feed it by hand. I bet it carries many dangerous diseases:eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe mange, but I don't think we can catch that. Fleas on the other hand :eek:

They get a bit of fluffy plant and hold it at the end of their mouth and then swim in a river, all the fleas go up into the plant and then they let it go :)

Or did I dream that:rolleyes:

Reaction score
That is such a breathtaking view and I would love to see that outside my window. I can imagine me looking out the window at this while I'm drinking my coffee in the morning. Nature is simply amazing and I see the beauty in everything.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I LOVE the stone wall! I think they compliment any scenery. I want one! Did you build that? It would be very pretty with some small rose bushes in front to add a pop of color. Or tall wildflowers!

Ta :)

Yep, it's made from all the rubble I cleared out of the hedge. Planted some Dog's Dickies along the front, they should be up soon.

Gonna plant some Willow behind it to help cut the wind, i'm only a mile from the sea so it gets a battering.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A cold view this morning
DSCN0774.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, it's an amazing view! However, I must say that I don't miss cold weather at all. Lately, it's been really warm here, so I can wear my light coat and walk a lot:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Minus 4 last night,should warm up soon though (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :) The local news station said their facebook page was flooded with sunset pics last night :D Everyone was sending them in.

Ask a Question