UK first-ever 'Red' Warning" for Heat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Soon it will be iced tea there! Just remember the higher they say it, the sweeter it is! LOL t,T!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
That's in England DM. Thank goodness I live in Scotland where it'll be much cooler. The temperature here will probably reach the mid 20'sC but 18C/64F would be perfect for me. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Alaska hit 100 deg back in 1915 https://www.heraldnet.com/news/alaskas-top-temp-is-100-degrees-set-in-1915/

FAIRBANKS, Alaska — If you think this summer’s heat wave is hot, just be glad you weren’t around in 1915.

The highest temperature ever recorded in Alaska was 100 degrees on June 27, 1915, in Fort Yukon, according to official records of the National Weather Service. Records date back to 1904.

The highest reliable temperature in Alaska’s second-largest city was 96 degrees on June 15, 1969, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I remember living in Alaska whe it went past 80f and we were melting. Nobody had AC.
People don't here on the whole and someone on TV suggested that they go somewhere they do 'like the library'. That's where the missus works. School has broken up and they have started the Summer reading challenge for children, plus it is Rhyme time for the little ones today, "Oh God no, it's going to be heaving, and covid levels are at their highest for ages, so I'll be fully masked up all day." Poor love.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Makes a welcome change here. Plants are loving it :love: and the beaches will be packed; people are having a great time. Lovely sunny day today and all the best ice creams will no doubt be flying off the shelves :cool:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Makes a welcome change here. Plants are loving it :love: and the beaches will be packed; people are having a great time. Lovely sunny day today and all the best ice creams will no doubt be flying off the shelves :cool:
You shouldn't pay attention to what Dominic Raab said. My chard is all lying flat on the ground, the greenhouse is too hot for the tomatoes, even with door and window open. I am sitting in the NE facing room of the house with a fan on, reading before I looked here.

When I was twenty, fifty seven years ago, I worked on a beach where it was over 100 degrees in the shade, and there wasn't any. And my outdoor tomatoes are good with it. Some people are loving it, I do hope sore shoulders is all they get, the ozone layer isn't what it was when I was young, and crowds means more Covid, we didn't have that. Some times it is worth adapting your behaviour a bit to match circumstances.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You shouldn't pay attention to what Dominic Raab said. My chard is all lying flat on the ground, the greenhouse is too hot for the tomatoes, even with door and window open. I am sitting in the NE facing room of the house with a fan on, reading before I looked here.

When I was twenty, fifty seven years ago, I worked on a beach where it was over 100 degrees in the shade, and there wasn't any. And my outdoor tomatoes are good with it. Some people are loving it, I do hope sore shoulders is all they get, the ozone layer isn't what it was when I was young, and crowds means more Covid, we didn't have that. Some times it is worth adapting your behaviour a bit to match circumstances.
The only thing you are missing is our 99% humidity. You do not need it so I will keep it here for you if that is ok.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Screenshot_20220718-174317.png

Ask a Question