Hello everyone

• Thread starter No Green Thumb Here
  • Start date
N

No Green Thumb Here

I have a sago palm that has been in the ground for 30 years. I live in north east Florida and it’s a wet area. I built a 2’ high bed from brick and filled with a good soil. My problem is that it’s never shown what sex it is. It’s healthy and green. I ride around the area where I live and all the sago palms are showing the sex of the plant except for mine.

N

No Green Thumb Here

I’m afraid that it might be one that can’t figure out what sex it wants to be.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello welcome here
Nice to be with you. Hope we can better build ourselves by sharing each other's expertise.

N

No Green Thumb Here

I was wondering why my 30 year old sago has never shown what sex it is. I hope that someone can help me understand what I’m doing wrong or do some sagos just not show. I live in north east Florida

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if I was a bit flippant. I am from England and know nothing about sago palm (Well, a little bit, I just checked them out on Google).
I hope someone more knowledgeable than me comes by soon, in the mean time I meant it about welcome to the forum.

N

No Green Thumb Here

That’s fine, I didn’t think anything about it. I just measured the sago and it grew 1” in two years. I don’t know much about the sago either too be honest, someone gave it to us years ago.

Trainman

Trainman zone 9A
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
United States
Hi. Neighbor. I'm a NE Florida gardener too. My Sago has never revealed its gender either. It's only about 8-10 years old. No cone or ball out the top. It's putting out new growth now. Not sure what mine is either, it came from an off shoot (pup) from a female. Sorry I can't be more help. Sort of new at this too.

Ask a Question