Tomatoes Dying

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_8028.jpeg

I planted tomatoes in containers. Fertilized and watered as normal. They seemed to be doing fine, then they stopped growing, the leaves began to curl and then they developed these “tumors” in the joints where I pruned and around the stem at the soil. Can someone help me identify the problem?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've never seen that either. Do they all have that fungus on them or just the white marks on the stems?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never seen that either. Do they all have that fungus on them or just the white marks on the stems?
3 plants are affected with curled leaves and 2 of those have the growths. Mostly where they were pruned. But one has it on the main stem near the soil line

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Agri fos style potassium salts of phosponic acid yes. But its not a cure. Still, even the thyme oil can knock it back 90%in a petri dish but the potassium salts are systemic which helps even more even at a lower efficiency.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Comparison-of-A-tumefaciensinduced-crown-galls-on-wild-type-tomato-a-and-c-and-Nr.ppm.png

Crown Gall Disease is caused by Agrobacterium tumefaciens, a bacteria that infects plants. The bacteria causes tumors on the stem of its host. Agrobacterium tumefaciens manipulates its hosts by transferring a DNA plasmid to the cells of its host. Plasmids are normally used to transfer DNA from bacteria to bacteria

Ask a Question