29 Tomatoes on this plant.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This tomato plant has 29 green tomatoes counting tomatoes on the other side that can't be seen on this side. I have 16 tomato plants they are all loaded with tomatoes. This crazy 75° rain every day weather did it. Our summer is usually 100°f desert with 1" of rain per month. Fertilizer is 2 teaspoons of 6-12-12 and 1 tablespoon of wood ash = calcium every Sunday evening. I have 16 plants loaded with tomatoes.

100_7925.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes that is Celebrity. I have 4 Celebrity plants. I also have 12 Big Beef plants. All the other plants have 15 to 22 tomatoes on them. We are having 75° weather rain every day. We usually have hot dry desert June to Oct 100° and only 1" of rain per month.

My pepper plants are loaded. I never have peppers until Oct summer is too hot but not this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I usually grow Celebrity, Empire, or Better Boys but I'm on the hunt for a good heirloom tomato this year or more. Celebrities are more of a semi-determinate plant so that is what gave it away. They are great tasting too and so are Empires and Better Boys.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes that is Celebrity. I have 4 Celebrity plants. I also have 12 Big Beef plants. All the other plants have 15 to 22 tomatoes on them. We are having 75° weather rain every day. We usually have hot dry desert June to Oct 100° and only 1" of rain per month.

My pepper plants are loaded. I never have peppers until Oct summer is too hot but not this year.

I have a good heirloom tomato I have been saving my own seeds for 45 years. It is a 1" diameter hot dry weather cherry type tomatoes that grows good in TN hot 100° desert weather. I water and fertilized the plants. They have good flavor. No one sells this tomato anymore. I don't remember the tomato name anymore. I have plenty of saved seeds if you want some.

Heirloom farmer1969

Year-round farmer and lover of all of nature
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This tomato plant has 29 green tomatoes counting tomatoes on the other side that can't be seen on this side. I have 16 tomato plants they are all loaded with tomatoes. This crazy 75° rain every day weather did it. Our summer is usually 100°f desert with 1" of rain per month. Fertilizer is 2 teaspoons of 6-12-12 and 1 tablespoon of wood ash = calcium every Sunday evening. I have 16 plants loaded with tomatoes.

View attachment 97797

View attachment 97797
Awesome tomato!!
I've noticed my tomatoes started setting fruit earlier than normal this season, and they're loaded with tomatoes, maybe not like yours, but they are defentily bearing better this year. Our weather has been very cool and wet also. It rained another inch and a half or more last night. The warmest it's been is like 82, which is crazy. I always thought tomatoes love hot, humid weather, but after seeing how good that they are doing in this cool, wet weather, im scratching my head.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a good heirloom tomato I have been saving my own seeds for 45 years. It is a 1" diameter hot dry weather cherry type tomatoes that grows good in TN hot 100° desert weather. I water and fertilized the plants. They have good flavor. No one sells this tomato anymore. I don't remember the tomato name anymore. I have plenty of saved seeds if you want some.
Thank you. I will keep that in mind but I don't really do grape tomatoes although I do love them with a passion. What other varieties do you have?

Heirloom farmer1969

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I usually grow Celebrity, Empire, or Better Boys but I'm on the hunt for a good heirloom tomato this year or more. Celebrities are more of a semi-determinate plant so that is what gave it away. They are great tasting too and so are Empires and Better Boys.
I grow two heirloom tomatoes that I really like. One is called Vinson watts. It's a regular-leaf pink tomato. I got the seeds from bill's best sustainable mountain agriculture out of Berea, Ky. It's defentily one of the best-tasting tomatoes I have grown.
The other is a potato leaf Heirloom called turkey creek. It's like Brandywine but bears and tastes better.
Here's a photo of the turkey creek I planted the last of May.

Attachments

• IMG_20230701_200927817.jpg
    IMG_20230701_200927817.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
Man that plant must be crazy heavy. how do you have it supported?

Heirloom farmer1969

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My toms are finally starting to ripen!!
I'm known around these parts for my huge homegrown tomatoes, but this year, it will be quantity over size.
Most all my plants are loaded with like 6-8oz fruit with very few 1-pounder plus tomatoes. I'm still thrilled with all the tomatoes, but I miss them big ole toms.
I was worried about all the rain /lack of sunshine/ plus the very coolish summer temps we had this year but to my surprise, it's going to be a very good year for me!!

Heirloom farmer1969

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My toms are finally starting to ripen!!
I'm known around these parts for my huge homegrown tomatoes, but this year, it will be quantity over size.
Most all my plants are loaded with like 6-8oz fruit with very few 1-pounder plus tomatoes. I'm still thrilled with all the tomatoes, but I miss them big ole toms.
I was worried about all the rain /lack of sunshine/ plus the very coolish summer temps we had this year but to my surprise, it's going to be a very good year for me!
I grew many likes these in 21. Last year we had a historical flood hit East Ky, causing water to get into parts of my little farm and I lost my tomatoes.
The two giant ones are my turkey creek heirloom and the smaller one pounder is a big beef.

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_194942617~2.jpg
    IMG_20210807_194942617~2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 11

Ask a Question